IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - May 15, 2013, 8am PDT (15:00 GMT)

Status: approved by WG on June 26, 2013

Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL
  • Vipin Ahuja, Avid Technology
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer (note taker)

This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of April 17, 2013 meeting
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
    • Call for Participation
    • DASC update
  • Project status and updates
    • LRM plan
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst opened the meeting and welcomed the attendees at 8:04. Quorum was reached.

Approval of agenda

Motion from Alain, seconded by Joachim. No objections.Agenda approved.

Administrative issues

Approval of April 17 minutes
Vipin moves, Alain seconds. No objections. Minutes approved.

Patent policy
Ernst summarized the IEEE patent policy and asked the attendees to visit the web site listed in the presentation to study it. Nobody wants to see the slides.

Update of the web site
Ernst cleaned up the project page and added an entry for the P1076.1-201X Revision.

Call for participation
CfP went out March 21, now with 17 responses. One more than last time. Two people signed up on the mailing list.

DASC update
The revised P1801 PAR has been passed unanimously by the DASC. The next step is submittal to NesCom. DASC also approved a Low Power Futures Study Group to collect input on future activities in low power (power estimation at/from higher levels of abstraction, SW power estimation, ...).

Project status and update

LRM plan
Alain presented the LRM editing workplan and informed on the current status of the LRM activities. The complete text of the standard documents is available. Alain already started to create the baseline document. Ernst will try to support him if possible. Alain intends to complete this step by the end of September. Afterwards, tasks T2 and T3 can be started. If the VHDL 2008 organisation will be used some parts have to be moved. Alain will create a protected (private) area where he will place documents in progress and feedback can be organized.

Support of Partial Differential Equations
Vipin is interested in this topic. Ernst would support to form a PDE subgroup with Vipin as champion. Vipin will review the material provided by Tom Kazmierski. Ernst suggested to start with the creation of a requirement document.

Other projects
There was no progress in other projects.

Next steps

Next regular working group telco will be on June 26, 2013 at 8am PDT (15:00 UTC, 16:00 CET).

AOB

None.

Adjourn

Ernst thanked the participants and adjourned the meeting at 9:00.

-- JoachimHaase - 2013-06-17

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt LRM_editing_workplan.txt manage 2.7 K 2013-06-17 - 15:56 JoachimHaase LRM plan by Alain Vachoux
PDFpdf mtg_slides_130515.pdf manage 117.3 K 2013-06-17 - 14:31 JoachimHaase IEEE P1076.1 WG Meeting slides - 2013-05-15
Topic revision: r4 - 2016-01-22 - 21:05:59 - ErnstChristen
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback