IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - April 17, 2013, 8am PDT (15:00 GMT)

Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair)
  • David Smith, Synopsys
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL
  • Vipin Ahuja, Avid Technology

This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of February 13, 2013 and March 13, 2013 meetings
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
    • Elections for Secretary
    • Call for Participation
    • P1076 packages
    • DASC update
  • Project status and updates
    • LRM plan
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst opened the meeting and welcomed the attendees at 8:04. Quorum was reached.

Approval of agenda

Motion deom David, seconded by Alain. No objections.

Administrative issues

Approval of February 13 minutes
David moves, Alain seconds. No objections. Minutes approved.

Approval of March 13 minutes
Alain moves, Vipin seconds. No objections. Minutes approved.

Patent policy
Ernst summarized the IEEE patent policy and asked the attendees to visit the web site listed in the presentation to study it.

Elections for Secretary
The election will close at the end of the day. So far all received votes are for Joachim, no write-in candidate. Ernst will inform the WG about the outcome after the election closes.

Call for participation
CfP went out March 21, with 16 responses. Ernst to follow up with people who have not signed up on the reflector.

P1076 packages
Free distribution of these packages is a good move. This is on a per package basis, and requests must be made and justified to the IEEE.

DASC update
See slides.

Project status and update

LRM plan
Alain presented a plan for creating a baselined LRM by showing several early chapters of this document. He informed that the files we received from the IEEE are in Microsoft Word format, with no paragraph tags. While it's possible to make the conversion, it's tedious and a possible source of errors. Ernst will contact Tina at the IEEE to request FrameMaker sources, which is what the WG provided in the 2007 revision.

VHPI-AMS
Needs to be restarted.

1076.1.1 integration
Waiting for the baselined LRM. Dimensional analysis should be split into a separate project. Ernst will do this on the web site.

Other changes
Waiting for the baselined LRM to get started.

Frequency domain modeling
Complete except for WG approval.

Table-driven modeling
Nearly complete, some analysis and review remains to be done.

Vector/matrix operations
Needs to be restarted.

Mixed netlists
Needs to be started.

Next steps

Next regular working group telco will be on May 15, 2013 at 8am PDT (15:00 UTC, 16:00 CET).

AOB

None.

Adjourn

Ernst thanked the participants and adjourned the meeting at 9:10.

-- ErnstChristen - 2013-05-07

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf 1076.1-20XX-D0.1.pdf manage 76.5 K 2013-05-07 - 22:41 ErnstChristen Baselined LRM sample
PDFpdf mtg_slides130417.pdf manage 66.6 K 2013-05-07 - 22:40 ErnstChristen Meeting slides April 17, 2013
Topic revision: r2 - 2013-05-24 - 13:26:07 - JoachimHaase
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback