IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - May 14, 2014, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: Approved by WG on June 11, 2014


Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair, note taker)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Zhichao Deng, Synopsys (Vice-Chair)
  • David Smith, Synopsys (Treasurer)
  • Ken Bakalar, Mentor Graphics

This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of April 16, 2014 meeting
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
  • Project discussion
    • Reflector vote
    • LRM plan
    • Project updates
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:05 am PDT. We have a quorum.

Approval of agenda

No changes. David moves, Ken seconds.

Administrative issues

Approval of February 12, 2014 minutes
The April 16, 2014 minutes were approved without changes, with a motion by Alain seconded by Zhichao.

Patent policy
Presentation was skipped.

Project discussion

Reflector vote
Ernst reported the results of the vote about the current language revision. The plan was approved unanimously bt the WG.

LRM plan
Alain's update is part of the meeting slides. He provided additional information that illustrates some of the issues to address.

  • For structured FrameMaker, the EDD (element definition document) describes the document organization, in essence what kind of elements a section can include. For the file set we received the EDD is about 170 pages long. There are some questions about the relationship between the EDD and the DTD (document type definition). The DTD we have has problems when being imported.
  • No changes to the EDD should be necessary for adding sections, adding content to sections, or to combine two clauses.
  • There are some discrepancies between the condition tags in the P1076 book and the document Peter created that integrates P1076.1 within the framework of P1076-2002 and P1076-2008.
  • There was some email discussion between Alain and Ernst related to the LRM work. See here and here.

The LCS (Language Change Specification) proposal describes the outline of the documentation for a language change. It includes a status section, a description giving the background of the issue being addressed and a section that specifies LRM changes. The attendees agreed on the LCS organization. Yet to be decided is where to keep these documents on the twiki site. Should they be open or have controlled access? Ernst will investigate.

Project updates
Several questions were asked about the extension of external names, in particular the about solvability rules and the impact of external terminals. These questions will be addressed in the corresponding LCS.

Zhichao mentioned that he had contacted Jim Lewis regarding coordination of the vector/matrix work. The project seems to have been dormant with P1076. Ernst will bring this up with Jim, together with LRM issues and TDM.

Next meeting

Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 8.00am PDT (15:00 UTC)

AOB

No other business.

Adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at 9:01 am PDT.

-- ErnstChristen - 2014-05-16

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf 2014-02-12.pdf manage 14.4 K 2014-05-16 - 18:35 ErnstChristen Email Feb. 12, 2014
PDFpdf 2014-05-14.pdf manage 15.9 K 2014-05-16 - 18:35 ErnstChristen Email May 14, 2014
PDFpdf mtg_slides140514.pdf manage 51.0 K 2014-05-16 - 18:34 ErnstChristen May 14, 2014 meeting slides
Topic revision: r4 - 2016-01-26 - 18:28:30 - ErnstChristen
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback