TWiki> P10761 Web>WGMmJul0517 (revision 2)EditAttach

IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - July 5, 2017, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: draft


  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer IIS/EAS (note taker)
This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.


  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of April 26, 2017 meeting
    • IEEE patent policy
  • Ballot results
    • IEEE ballot
    • Public review
  • RevCom submission
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:03 am PDT.


Agenda was approved

Administrative issues

Approval of minutes
Alain moved to approve the April 26, 2017 minutes. Joachim seconded.

IEEE Patent policy
Review of IEEE Patent Policy patent policy was skipped because all participants in the telephone conference were regulars.

IEEE Ballot

The Draft 1076.1-201x LRM version D1.2 for IEEE ballot document for the current revision of IEEE Std 1076.1 has completed both the IEEE ballot and the Public Review. The document is available in the member-only area with P1076.1-201x LRM editing material. Two balloters abstained due to lack of expertise, the others were unanimous to approve the document. The Public Review, which is a vehicle to give interested parties a possibility to comment on a draft standard without joining the ballot pool, yielded no comments. More details can be found in the meeting slides and in the member-only area with related material to the ballot.

Revision Standards Committee submission

The next step is to submit the draft to Revision Standards Committee, a committee that will review that the IEEE rules for standards development were followed and then make a recommendation to the IEEE-SA Standards Activities Board to adopt the draft to become an approved standard. Ernst will organize the submittal for the proposed standard to the Revision Standards Committee.

The next meeting of the Revision Standards Committee is on September 7, 2017. The deadline for the submission is July 28, 2017. Additional material related to the standard will be sent to Jonathan Goldberg of IEEE Computer Society/Design Automation who will place it on for access and download executable and other types of files related to specific IEEE Standards and amendments. It will be checked whether VHDL-AMS specifc parts in the submitted document should be highlighted with brown color or gray background.

After approval by the Revision Standards Commitee the IEEE Technical Editing will update the draft document to prepare it for publication. IEEE-SA will handle IEC standardisation. After publication of IEEE Std 1076.1-201x withdrawal of IEEE Std 1071.1 should be initiated. For next steps see also the meeting slides.

Next meeting

The next meeting will be announced depending on the progress of standardization process.


There was no AOB.


The meeting ended at 8:55 am PDT.

-- Joachim Haase - 2017-07-06

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides170705.pdf manage 68.2 K 2017-07-07 - 09:09 JoachimHaase 2017-07-05 Meeting slides
Edit | Attach | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r2 - 2017-07-07 - 10:49:48 - JoachimHaase
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback