IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - April 26, 2017, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: approved by WG on July 5, 2017


Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer IIS/EAS (note taker)
This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of March 15, 2017 meeting
    • IEEE patent policy
    • Time line to approval by IEEE (reminder)
  • IEEE ballot
    • Ballot pool
    • Mandatory Editorial Coordination
    • Readiness for ballot
    • Ballot execution
    • Beyond the ballot
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:10 am PDT. A quorum was determined.

Agenda

Alain moved to approve the agenda seconded by Joachim.

Administrative issues

Approval of minutes
Alain moved to approve the March 15, 2017 minutes. Joachim seconded.

IEEE Patent policy
Review of patent policy was skipped because all participants in the telephone conference were regulars.

Time line to approval by IEEE (reminder)
The time line was updated with minor changes. Next steps are the ballot and the public review.

IEEE Ballot

Ballot pool
Formation of the ballot pool ended on April 18, 2017. There are 14 members in the pool. The balloting group is balanced regarding interests and affiliation.

Mandatory Editorial Coordination
The MEC is completed. There is yet an ongoing discussion on options to mark the document.

Readiness for ballot
The IEEE-SA requirements are fulfilled. WG ballot and MEC are completed. The balloting group was established. Alain prepared the Draft 1076.1-201x LRM version D1.2 and uploaded it to the P1076.1-201x LRM editing member-only area.. Ernst is in contact with Jonathan Goldberg from the Sponsoring Society and Committee IEEE Computer Society/Design Automation (C/DA) to clarify whether a clean copy of the LRM (without footnotes related to LCSs) is needed for the ballot and how the related files shall be provided for the balloting group. If a clean copy is required the version D1.2 will be updated.

Ballot execution
After the open questions are clarified with Jonathan Goldberg, Ernst will initiate the ballot and the public review.

Beyond the ballot
The preparation of a recirculation will be necessary if there are negative votes and technical changes are necessary resulting from the comments. The activities will be started after the end of the first ballot.

Miscellaneous
Vendors should be allowed to ship packages in text form. This requires an approval of the IEEE. Jonathan Goldberg (IEEE-SA Staff Liaison for WG) will be contacted to clarify this problem.

Next meeting

The next meeting will take place after ballot is completed. Ernst will invite in time.

AOB

There was no AOB.

Adjourn

The meeting ended at 8:45 am PDT.

-- Joachim Haase - 2017-04-26

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides170426.pdf manage 160.0 K 2017-05-11 - 07:26 JoachimHaase 2017-04-26 Meeting slides
Topic revision: r6 - 2017-07-06 - 17:34:46 - JoachimHaase
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback