IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - April 13, 2016, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: approved by WG om May 11. 2016

Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair, note taker)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)

Joachim Haase excused himself due to travel.

This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of February 10, 2016 meeting
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
    • eda.org end of life
  • Project discussion
    • Discussion of VHPI support
    • Review of LCSs: 201x-14, 201x-15, 201x-17
    • LRM status
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:06 am PDT, noting that the quorum was not reached.

Agenda

Alain requested a discussion on some changes in clause 6.

Administrative issues

The email archive for the IEEE listserver has now been established. The page on the organization of the WG has been updated to document the new reflector.

The experience from the migration of the twiki pages to eda-twiki.org has now been documented in the form of recommendations how to write site-independent pages.

Project discussion

VHPI
A brief discussion on VHPI yielded that we are not aware of any people with the required skills that would be willing to work with us. The likely outcome will be no AMS support in VHPI.

LRM Clause 6
While integrating LCS 201x-11, Alain noticed a sentence that might be missing: "A formal port is a signal port, a quantity port, or a terminal port." Ernst will look into this. There is also the question about how to communicate apparent errors in IEEE Std 1076 to the P1076 WG; there are at least 2 in clause 6. Ernst will check whether an IR is appropriate. Finally, should the use of an alias_indication in the alias declaration be propagated to P1076? This is unnecessary because all P1076 objects have a type, while the change to alias_indication in P1076.1 reflects that terminals have natures, not types.

LCSs
LCS 201x-17 includes a reference to IEEE/ASTM SI 10. Alain suggested to include the necessary update of the bibliography in this LCS instead of a separate LCS related to the annex. Regarding LCS-14, Alain proposed another definitional flow for the elaboration of objects that is close to that currently in the LRM. After some discussion we concluded that it's probably best to leave the flow as is. Ernst will update the LCS accordingly.

LRM status
All approved LCSs have been integrated, with the exception of LCS 201x-13. Some comments made in the slides can now be removed after the discussions held at this meeting.

Next steps

Ernst pointed out that the VHPI resolution is holding up progress on a number of fronts. This has highest priority.

The meeting ended at 9:20 am PDT. The next meeting will be held on May 11, 2016.

-- Ernst Christen - 2016-04-13

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides160413.pdf manage 177.4 K 2016-04-13 - 18:31 ErnstChristen WG meeting notes
Topic revision: r2 - 2016-06-08 - 09:08:34 - JoachimHaase
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback