IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of August 18, 2014

Meeting Info

Conference Information

Participants

  • Attending
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR (Chair)
    • Jeff Fox, Altera DR
    • Luis Humberto, Cadence DR
    • John Shields, Mentor DR
    • Joe Daniels, P1735 Technical Editor
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • Jonathan Goldberg, IEEE Professional Services
  • Not Attending
    • Adam Sherer, Cadence DRA
    • Satyam Jani, Aldec DR Steven Dovich, P1076 liaison
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Gael Paul, Accellera DR
    • Sourabh Tandon, Synopsys DRA
    • Rod Price, Synopsys DRA Nitin Khurana, Cadence DR
    • Krista Gluchoski, IEEE Professional Services
    • Dmitry Melnick, Aldec DRA
    • Stan Krolikoski, Cadence (DASC Chair)
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Previous Meeting minutes
  5. Guests and new members
  6. Action Item Review
  7. Liaison Reports
  8. Ballot status
  9. Schedule
  10. General Status
  11. Individual Clause Status
  12. High-level Objectives
  13. Project Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 5/7 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion to approve agenda made by John, seconded Ray. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Ray moved and John seconded the approval of the August 4, 2014 minutes. The motion was approved.

Guests and New Members

Action Item Review

None.

Liaison Reports

None.

Ballot Status

Initial ballot is closed with 100% return and approval. Recirculation ballot planned per schedule below. We expect to vote on releasing the recirculation ballot draft at the next working group meeting in four weeks.

Schedule

Dave reviewed the current schedule:

Item

Duration

Start

End

Ballot

45

6/26/2014

8/10/2014

Review comments/rework

36

8/10/2014

9/15/2014

Recirculation ballot

10

9/15/2014

9/25/2014

Submit for revcom

50

9/25/2014

11/14/2014

Revcom opportunity

12/9/2014

Slack

25

General Status

A comment spreadsheet is populated and owners have been proposed. This is posted on our private Twiki. The spreadsheet has two tabs - one for comments entered through the IEEE spreadsheet format and one derived from Altera's PDF annotations. We updated some owners and discussed a few items. Recommendations for the disposition of each comment will be sent to the working group by the respective owner as soon as possible, preferably this week. Many comments will be addressed in annotated PDFs. Dave will check or create as needed, consistency between IEEE spreadsheets and PDFs.

Clause 1 - Overview

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition.

Clause 2 - Normative References

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition.

Clause 3 - Definitions, acronyms, abbreviations

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition..

Clause 4 - Trust model

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition.

Clause 5 - Interoperability

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition.

Clause 6 - Key Management

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition.

Clause 7 - Rights Management

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition.

Clause 8 - License Management

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition. An update to the reference implementation for the Accellera forum is pending.

Clause 9 - Visibility

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition.

Clause 10 - Common Rights

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition.

Annex A - Bibliography

No further changes are pending.

Annex B - Other known issues with IP protection (informative, not normative)

Any changes pending ballot comment disposition. This may include addition of another annex.

Work Plan

High-level objectives
  • Respond to all comments.
  • Get on agenda for December revcom ratification.
Project Plan
  • Recirculation
    • Incorporate all accepted and revised comments into Draft 7.

Other Business

Dave to update web site including fixing some file permissions - low priority.

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for September 15, 2014 at 16:00UTC. We are skipping a meeting on September 1st due to the US holiday Labor Day.

We will hold draft development meetings on August 25, 2014 and September 8, 2014 at 16:30 UTC

Tentative Agenda for next WG meeting

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Previous Meeting minutes
  5. Guest and new members
  6. Action Item Review
  7. Liaison Reports
  8. Ballot status
  9. Schedule
  10. General Status
  11. Individual Clause Status
  12. High-level Objectives
  13. Project Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by John, second by Jeff. Approved by acclamation at 16:50 UTC

Approval

These minutes are approved.

-- DaveGraubart - 2014-08-18

Topic revision: r3 - 2014-09-15 - 15:49:26 - DaveGraubart
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback