IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of April 29, 2013

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, (chair) Cadence DR
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • Devin Sundaram, Altera DRA
    • John Shields, Mentor DR
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • Jarek Kaczynski, Aldec DR

  • Not Attending
    • Jeff Fox, Altera DR
    • Joe Daniels, P1735 Technical Editor
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA
    • Krista Gluchoski, IEEE Professional Services
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DRA
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • David Tran, Synopsys

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 04/15/2013
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Common Rights and Visibility
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 5/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by John, seconded by Dave G. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

John moved and Dave G seconded the approval of the April 15, 2013 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Steven took an action to forward draft attachments on the wiki to the Technical Editor.

Steven took an action to translate the current comments and responses into a trackable form.

Liaison Reports

Jarek reported no activity on IP Encryption based on the latest minutes from P1076.

Inter-operability

John discussed the text he proposed for describing the version pragma, The group agreed with the proposal and suggested additional minor changes.

License Management

Key Management

Rights Management

Common Rights and Visibility

Work Plan

Liaison Review Comments
  1. John discussed his proposed Annex X, which incorporates the text on future consideration. Steven
  2. John still owes a refresh on his D3a clauses.
  3. Dave G is still chasing internal consensus on the remaining clauses.
  4. Dave G is considering what might be said about licensing in Annex X, and suggested that combining licensing with decrypt rights could help provide a solution strategy for managing key revocation. Devin noted that they use licensing to open advanced support for incompletely validated design flows.

High-level objectives:

  • Complete all approval activity in 2013 before PAR expires (2013)
  • Secure pre-ballot feedback from other DASC working groups

Project Plan:

  • Distribute D3 draft for liaison review in mid-February
    • Revised content for D3 must be submitted to Joe by 11-Feb-2013 [COMPLETED]
    • D3 to be distributed to liaison groups by 20-Feb-2013 [COMPLETED]
    • Any material that is still unstable should be tagged with an inline note to the liaison reviewers [COMPLETED]
    • Noted material should be revised for mid-review update as D3a by 25-Feb-2013 (delivery to Joe) [COMPLETED]
    • Any updated D3a clauses will be supplied to liaison reviewers by 01-Mar-2013 [COMPLETED]
    • Liaison review period to close by 12-Apr-2013

  • Incorporate review comments into D4 draft for working group review
    • Changes for D4 must be submitted by 15-Apr-2013 (delivery to Joe)
    • Working group review closes 29-Apr-2013 with a decision to approve D4 as the ballot draft or revise further as D5.
    • MEC review requires 30 days and must be completed prior to ballot, initial target is 21-May-2013

  • Balloting and review
    • This schedule needs to be updated, pending the depth of the liaison review comments
    • If D4 is approved as ballot draft, and ballot period starts 01-Jul-2013, we should be able to make the December REVCOM agenda
    • Ballot group formation to close before 21-Jun-2013 in preparation for possible D4 ballot.
    • Assumptions:
      • Submission deadline for December REVCOM is 21-Oct-2013
      • Need approval of D4 as ballot draft and no substantive ballot comments that require recirc
      • 30-day ballot period requires a minimum of 45 days from working group approval of ballot draft
      • 10-day recirc period requires a minimum of 15 days from ballot comment disposition
      • Ballot comment dispositioning and incorporating draft updates accepted by the working group will add to the timeline
      • Current technical editing statement of work (contract and budget) will still be valid if D5 is completed and approved for ballot in May.
      • Failure to complete balloting/recirc by September will risk missing the December REVCOM agenda and force another PAR extension.

Task Requirements/White Paper Writer-ready Specification
Use Model 02-Jul-2008 ???
Trust Model ??? ???
Interoperability 24-Aug-2009 26-Jan-2010
License Management 19-Apr-2011 ???
Visibility Management 23-Jul-2010 ???
Key Management 18-Oct-2010 12-Aug-2011
Rights Control Structures 27-Jun-2011 ???
Common Rights 23-Jul-2011 ???

Other Business

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for May 13, 2013 at 16:00UTC. The next Draft Development Committee meeting is scheduled for May 6, 2013 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Previous Meeting minutes
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Common Rights and Visibility
  13. Work Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by John, second by Dave G. Approved by acclamation at 17:32UTC

Approval

These minutes are unapproved.

-- StevenDovich - 2013-04-29

Topic revision: r4 - 2013-05-13 - 14:56:30 - StevenDovich
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback