IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of May 14, 2012

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting


  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence DR
    • Jarek Kaczynski, Aldec DR
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR
    • Joe Daniels, P1735 Technical Editor
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA
    • John Shields, Mentor DR

  • Not Attending
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • Bassam Tabbara, Synopsys
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DRA
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Gary Delp, Accellera/Silver Loon Systems
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys


  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 04/30/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Common Rights and Visibility
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn



We have 4/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Jarek, seconded by Premduth. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Dave G moved and Jarek seconded the approval of the April 30, 2011 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

Joe announced that he has received the counter-signed contract for Technical Editing services. The group welcomes Joe as our Technical Editor.

Jarek reported no encryption activity in P1076 in the past two weeks.

Steven reported that P1800 is in ballot comment review.

Steven reported on the status discussions at DASC. There are procedural concerns with IEEE ownership of a reference implementation and these need working group consideration and approval before we accept more detailed specs for the covered technologies.


No activity to report.

License Management

No activity to report.

Key Management

No activity to report.

Rights Management

Parminder reviewed the proposed changes to the Control Block recommendations. John objected to considering the version pragma value as a floating number where the fractional part was ignored. The working group has no evidence that floating point numbers have been used in this context, and plan to clarify that version pragma values are positive integers. The corrections to deal with this will be prepared and verified for approval at the next meeting.

Common Rights and Visibility

No activity to report.

Work Plan

Task Requirements/White Paper Writer-ready Specification
Use Model 02-Jul-2008 ???
Trust Model ??? ???
Interoperability 24-Aug-2009 26-Jan-2010
License Management 19-Apr-2011 ???
Visibility Management 23-Jul-2010 ???
Key Management 18-Oct-2010 12-Aug-2011
Rights Control Structures 27-Jun-2011 ???
Common Rights 23-Jul-2011 ???

Other Business

Joe Daniels presented a first draft outline for what needs to be included in a draft for P1735. Joe intends to distribute a boilerplate draft, with placeholders for technical material, in preparation for the next meeting.

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for June 11, 2012 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 05/14/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Common Rights and Visibility
  13. Work Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn


Motion by John, second by Premduth. Approved by acclamation at 17:12UTC


These minutes are unapproved.

-- StevenDovich - 2012-05-14

Topic revision: r2 - 2012-05-14 - 16:12:57 - StevenDovich
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback