IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of April 30, 2012

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting


  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence DR
    • Joe Daniels, Self
    • Jarek Kaczynski, Aldec DR
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA

  • Not Attending
    • Bassam Tabbara, Synopsys
    • John Shields, Mentor DR
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DRA
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Gary Delp, Accellera/Silver Loon Systems
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys


  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 04/16/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Common Rights and Visibility
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn



We have 4/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Jarek, seconded by Dave G. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Dave G moved and Ray seconded the approval of the April 16, 2011 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

Joe Daniels is still waiting for a counter-signed contract for Technical Editing services.


Jarek reported no additional activity since the prior meeting.

License Management

Dave G noted that the promised license management slides have been posted to the private area of the TWiki. Still working on finalizing the language for proposed recommendations.

Key Management

No activity.

Rights Management

Dave G is working on an update to the recommendations to address the feedback from John. Dave G asked about drafting negative recommendations relating to control-block structures. Steven suggested drafting an End-user Recommendations white paper to seed discussions on material intended for IP Owners and Consumers.

Common Rights and Visibility

Dave raised his concerns on getting proposals in this space on the next few months. Steven noted that the Cadence donation contained a core set of rights that could deliver value through the common rights block. We also expect additional discussion from John to revisit his prior work on visibility.

Work Plan

Task Requirements/White Paper Writer-ready Specification
Use Model 02-Jul-2008 ???
Trust Model ??? ???
Interoperability 24-Aug-2009 26-Jan-2010
License Management 19-Apr-2011 ???
Visibility Management 23-Jul-2010 ???
Key Management 18-Oct-2010 12-Aug-2011
Rights Control Structures 27-Jun-2011 ???
Common Rights 23-Jul-2011 ???

Other Business

Dave G asked about documenting technical issues intended for future publication. Steven and Joe noted that IEEE policy prevents the working group from publishing future plans, but that an internal roadmap is reasonable if kept private to the working group.

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for May 14, 2012 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 04/30/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Common Rights and Visibility
  13. Work Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn


Motion by Dave G, second by Michael. Approved by acclamation at 17:07UTC


These minutes are unapproved.

-- StevenDovich - 2012-04-30

Topic revision: r3 - 2012-05-14 - 14:46:40 - StevenDovich
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback