IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of August 6, 2012

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence DR
    • Jeff Fox, Altera DR
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • John Shields, Mentor DR
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • Joe Daniels, P1735 Technical Editor
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR

  • Not Attending
    • Jarek Kaczynski, Aldec DR
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DRA
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Gary Delp, Accellera/Silver Loon Systems
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 07/23/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Common Rights and Visibility
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 5/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Dave G, seconded by Ray. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Jeff moved and Ray seconded the approval of the July 23, 2012 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

Jarek reported no activity in P1076 in the past two weeks.

Steven reported that P1800 is still in ballot comment review.

Steven reported that the DASC meeting has been postponed until the beginning of September.

Inter-operability

No activity to report. Jarek does not believe there will be further technical material for this edition of the standard. He will review the current status to verify that nothing has been missed.

Joe confirmed that Jarek will be the technical champion for interoperability issues in the draft.

License Management

No activity to report. Dave G reported stability with the current technical proposal and will be reaching out for review comments.

Key Management

No activity to report.

Steven will represent key management as technical champion.

Rights Management

Dave G reported that the rights block and syntax are stable and needs to close on the specific syntax for rights. Steven encouraged closing with representatives from P1800 and P1076 to establish agreement with the P1735 consensus, or failing that to adjust the P1735 recommendation to fit the expectations of the HDL working groups.

Jeff raise concerns from the IP producer community looking for decryption licensing. John asked about the security risks from an external licensing solution, and noted that tool vendors would have no responsibility for key security if the decryption key was provided by the licensing solution. To provide such a solution, we would need to modify the external license management protocol to support return of key data, add a use-case to support decryption in that manner, and modification of the pragma semantics to support that use-case. Dave G pointed out that the license proxy protocol could be extended to support such requirements, but agreed that the likelihood of reaching closure in the next few weeks was low.

John suggested that recommending IP producers consider an obfuscation pass before encryption would be low cost from the working group perspective, but would help improve overall IP security.

Dave G will represent license management and rights management as technical champion.

Common Rights and Visibility

John will be completing a TWiki update for approval of common rights. He will look at the VISA/Cadence documents for possible additional common rights, and will be working on a visibility management update for the next meeting.

John will represent common rights as technical champion.

Work Plan

Task Requirements/White Paper Writer-ready Specification
Use Model 02-Jul-2008 ???
Trust Model ??? ???
Interoperability 24-Aug-2009 26-Jan-2010
License Management 19-Apr-2011 ???
Visibility Management 23-Jul-2010 ???
Key Management 18-Oct-2010 12-Aug-2011
Rights Control Structures 27-Jun-2011 ???
Common Rights 23-Jul-2011 ???

Joe will present a formal schedule for completing the draft and ballot activity at the September 13 meeting. That will require us to close contributions of technical content by August 30.

Other Business

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for August 20, 2012 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 08/06/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Common Rights and Visibility
  13. Work Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by John, second by Jeff. Approved by acclamation at 17:14UTC

Approval

These minutes are unapproved.

-- StevenDovich - 2012-08-06

Topic revision: r2 - 2012-08-06 - 16:15:02 - StevenDovich
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback