IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of July 16, 2008

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Webex

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • John Shields, Mentor

  • Not Attending
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys
    • Gary Delp, LSI

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 7/9/2008
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Use Cases
  8. Other Business

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 5/5 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Michael, seconded by John, approved by acclamation.

Previous Minutes

John moved and Dave C. seconded the approval of the July 9, 2008 minutes. The motion was approved by acclamation.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

P1800 Champions have unanimously approved the Initialization Vector changes.

P1076 has achieved a legitimate ballot return, and are presently reviewing the ballot results. A revision is expected in the near future.

John reviewed the request from P1076 ISAC for advice on isolation of one protected region from other protected regions. %ACTION{ closed="2010-10-08" closer="" created="2008-07-16" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" notify="Main.StevenDovich" state="closed" uid="000023" who="Main.JohnShields" }% Draft a recommendation for cross-region protection to answer P1076 concerns. This has been addressed in the Visibility Proposal. Refinement of that proposal is in progress. -- JohnShields - 2010-10-08 - 17:59 %ENDACTION%

Steven is working with other standards participants to identify the overlap with other Key Management efforts.

Use Cases

Michael reviewed the IP Author Secret Key use case. %ACTION{ closed="2008-11-10" closer="" created="2008-07-16" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" notify="Main.StevenDovich" state="closed" uid="000024" who="Main.MichaelSmith" }% Capture the history and value assessments around IP Author Secret Key %ENDACTION% John suggested that a review of licensing within the framework of IP protection and encryption, similar to the analysis for the Secure Keyring.

%ACTION{ closed="2008-10-01" closer="" created="2008-07-16" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" notify="Main.StevenDovich" state="closed" uid="000025" who="" }% Draft a review of the role of licensing in IP protection %ENDACTION%

Adjournment

Motion by Michael, second by John. Approved by acclamation at 1:06 pm CDT

Approval

These minutes were approved at the July 23, 2008 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 23 Jul 2008

Topic revision: r9 - 2010-10-08 - 21:04:53 - JohnShields
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback