IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of July 23, 2008

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Webex


  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • John Shields, Mentor

  • Not Attending
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys
    • Gary Delp, LSI


  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 7/16/2008
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Work Plan
  8. Use Cases
  9. Other Business



We have 5/5 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Michael, seconded by Nick, approved by acclamation.

Previous Minutes

Dave C. moved and Nitin seconded the approval of the July 16, 2008 minutes. The motion was approved by acclamation.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

P1076 is expecting to recirculate their draft in about a week.

P1800 is expecting to submit a draft for ballot in September.

Work Plan

Steven discussed his draft of a work plan outline. John suggested that the previous discussion around validation and interoperability be represented.

The revised work plan will be the basis for the working group report to the next DASC meeting.

John noted that Encryption Algorithm recommendations would be a good topic to move to, recognizing that not everything may be clear yet. This would give us a good sense of where the open issues are, and help us to focus on completing a usable component of our final recommendation. The e-mail exchange in April/May on "Ciphers & Interoperability" is a good motivation for this topic.

%ACTION{ closed="2008-08-13" closer="" created="2008-07-23" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" notify="Main.StevenDovich" state="closed" uid="000029" who="Main.MichaelSmith" }% Draft a discussion seed for License Management %ENDACTION% %ACTION{ closed="2012-10-01" closer="" created="2008-07-23" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="2011-07-25" notify="" state="closed" uid="000030" who="Main.StevenDovich" }% Draft a discussion seed for Identity and Trust models %ENDACTION%

Use Cases

The current state of use cases is complete for the moment, but may be revisited in the course of other discussions.


Motion by John, second by Dave C. Approved by acclamation at 1:05 pm CDT


These minutes were approved at the July 30, 2008 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 30 Jul 2008

Topic revision: r8 - 2012-10-01 - 14:43:52 - StevenDovich
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback