IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of August 6, 2008

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Webex

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • John Shields, Mentor
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys

  • Not Attending
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys
    • Gary Delp, LSI

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 7/30/2008
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Encryption Algorithms
  8. Cross-region Protection Issues
  9. Other Business

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 3/5 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Dave G., seconded by John. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

John moved and Michael seconded the approval of the July 30, 2008 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

P1076 recirculation ballot has closed.

Encryption Algorithms

The recommended required algorithms from the previous meeting were reviewed.

Dave G. moved formal approval of the required algorithm recommendation, John seconded. Michael abstains. Motion is approved.

Cross-region Protection Issues

John reviewed the issues around cross-region protection. Steven reviewed some of the history behind the current content in 1076 and 1800. Michael expressed concern about the ambiguity around protection boundaries and viewports.

%ACTION{ closed="2010-06-11" closer="" created="2008-08-06" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" notify="Main.StevenDovich" state="closed" uid="000036" who="Main.JohnShields" }% Draft an explanation of obfuscated access implications to cross-region protection (Maintaining the status quo). This is addressed in the visibility high level proposal. %ENDACTION%

%ACTION{ closed="2008-08-13" closer="Main.MichaelSmith" created="2008-08-06" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" state="closed" uid="000037" who="Main.MichaelSmith" }% Draft a set of questions that highlight the issues around accessing protected regions %ENDACTION% Bill suggested that we solicit reactions and lessons learned from IP providers/consumers, to strengthen the acceptance of proposals around cross-region protection. Revisit those conversations once written material is in hand.

Other Business

Suggested areas for short-term future discussion include:
  • Key Management
  • Rights Management

Adjournment

Motion by Bill, second by Dave G.. Approved by acclamation at 1:26 pm CDT

Approval

These minutes were approved at the August 13, 2008 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 13 Aug 2008

Topic revision: r7 - 2010-06-11 - 21:25:25 - JohnShields
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback