IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of March 17, 2014

Meeting Info

Conference Information

Participants

  • Attending
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR (Chair)
    • Luis Humberto, Jasper DRA
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA
    • Steven Dovich, P1076 liaison
    • Sridhar Gangadharan, Atrenta DR
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • John Shields, Mentor DR
    • Satyam Jani, Aldec DR
    • Rod Price, Synopsys DRA
    • Joe Hupcey, Jasper DR
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
  • Not Attending
    • Jonathan Goldberg, IEEE Professional Services
    • Joe Daniels, P1735 Technical Editor
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Jeff Fox, Altera DR
    • Gael Paul, PLDA
    • Sourabh Tandon, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DR
    • Krista Gluchoski, IEEE Professional Services
    • Dmitry Melnick, Aldec DRA
    • Stan Krolikoski, Cadence (DASC Chair)
    • Devin Sundaram, Altera DRA
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Previous Meeting minutes
  5. Guests and new members
  6. Action Item Review
  7. Liaison Reports
  8. MEC and ballot pool status
  9. Schedule
  10. General Status
  11. Front matter
  12. Interoperability
  13. Key Management
  14. Rights Management
  15. License Management and Reference Implementation
  16. Visibility
  17. Common Rights
  18. Annxes
  19. Work Plan
  20. Other Business
  21. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 6/8 eligible entities, and do have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion to approve agenda made by John, seconded Ray. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

John moved and Ray seconded the approval of the March 3, 2014 minutes. The motion was approved.

Guests and New Members

Joe Hupcey and Luis Humberto joined from Jasper.

Sridhar Gangadharan joined from Atrenta.

Rod Price joined from Synopsys Verification Group.

Dave G shared draft 4 including Mentor and Xilinx comments with Gael Paul per motion passed two meetings ago.

Action Item Review

No updates today. Dave G will review all and reassign as appropriate.

Liaison Reports

No updates today.

MEC and Ballot Pool Status

MEC comment status:

Synopsys copyright letter is done.

Some items that were pending from Steve may be complete or have different ownership now. Dave G and Steve to discuss offline.

Ballot Pool status:

Dave G reopened ballot, now closing on March 23.

Pool will have 9 responses with Atrenta and Jasper as the recent additions. Pool is unbalanced. Dave G suggests Mentor change category which would be sufficient for pool to meet IEEE requirement that no category represent more than 33% of the pool. John will check with Dennis.

Dave G contacted Boeing as they participated in the past but did not receive a response.

Schedule

Dave G showed the updated schedule.

Item Duration Start End
MEC review & ballot formation 52 1/30/2014 3/23/2014
Finish Draft 5 preparation 21 3/23/2014 4/13/2014
Draft 5 PDF creation 7 4/13/2014 4/20/2014
Ballot 45 4/20/2014 6/4/2014
Review comments/rework 30 6/4/2014 7/4/2014
Recirculation ballot 30 7/4/2014 8/3/2014
Submit for revcom 45 8/3/2014 9/17/2014
Revcom opportunities
8/20/2014 Agressive
12/9/2014 Backup

This is the new plan of record although additional feedback may cause further revision. As is, hitting the August revcom date is unlikely unless all the ballot draft includes all ballot pool participant input and there is little or no need for recirculation time.

John mentioned that new discussion on IP protection related to interests of Jasper and Atrenta could affect schedule. Steve suspects this will be mostly additions and not add much risk to the schedule.

The Working Group eager to hear Atrenta's and Jasper's assessment and feedback and then we can evaluate what work is needed for ballot draft as well as any schedule impact. Both are actively reviewing draft 4 now.

General Status

We need to have all substantial feedback as soon as possible.

Cadence posted comments yesterday. Altera is hoping to post comments soon. Atrenta, Jasper, and Gael Paul will publish comments before the end of the month. Dave G will post more from Synopsys this week.

Front Matter Status

Clause 4 (Trust Model) may need a rewrite. John will do this after he closes on his two existing clauses and one annex. The time-frame depends on receiving feedback on other material. John expects to have a status update at the next meeting.

Dave G posted gloassary recommendations that he hopes Joe can use as is.

Interoperability Status

No discussion this week. Nothing beyond a nit pending at this time. Ray will check if any input is still unresolved.

Key Management Status

Ruchi will work within Cadence and take this on. Steve can assist. No update today.

Rights Management Status

Formal syntax is needed. Need to resolve if rights are in separate block or in modified key block. Dave G and John exchanged positions on structure. Synopsys will have an updated proposal within a day or two. An update covering most other feedback is posted. Dave G will review new feedback from Cadence.

License Management Status

Dave G is working on incorporating feedback and will post an update this week.

The reference implementation on the Accellera Forum was updated to use the recommended padding scheme. It still assumes a block structure that is likely to change and will be updated again when that structure stabilizes.

Visibility Status

John's motion on hadling of DPI/VPI/CLI was approved through an email vote. With that, John will update the clause and related areas like definitions. Synopsys will post minor additional recommendations in the next day or two. Ray asked about names in other formats like SDF/SAIF. Given the scope of P1735, this needs to be deferred to rights - if these and other tool outputs can disclose names, permission must be granted through rights. The only alternative is proprietary encryption, at least until some future version of 1735.

Sridhar asked about VPI/VHPI coverage in P1735. John explained that we haven't done much to change the low-level of functionality allowed per other LRMs. P1735 will clarify the expected behavior.

Common Rights Status

No discussion this week. John waiting for more feedback. Just minor work to do so far.

Annex Status

John working on visibility, annex C. Might be annex D releated to key management work - Cadence will evaluate John's comments.

High-level objectives:
  • Go to ballot with delayed draft 5
  • Get on agenda for August revcom ratification if possible, else December.
Project Plan:
  • Draft 5
    • Incorporate MEC review comments
    • Incorporate or rewrite areas of concern from draft 4 feedback
    • Incorporate new input from Atrenta, Jasper, and Gael Paul
    • Incorporate examples

Other Business

Dave G to update web site including fixing some file permissions.

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for March 31, 2014 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Previous Meeting minutes
  5. Guest and new members
  6. Action Item Review
  7. Liaison Reports
  8. MEC and ballot pool status
  9. Schedule
  10. General Status
  11. Front matter
  12. Interoperability
  13. Key Management
  14. Rights Management
  15. License Management and Reference Implementation
  16. Visibility
  17. Common Rights
  18. Annxes
  19. Work Plan
  20. Other Business
  21. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by John, second by Ray. Approved by acclamation at 17:06 UTC

Approval

These minutes are approved.

-- DaveGraubart - 2014-03-15

Topic revision: r5 - 2014-03-31 - 15:10:17 - DaveGraubart
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback