IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of June 9, 2014

Meeting Info

Conference Information

Participants

  • Attending
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR (Chair)
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA
    • Jeff Fox, Altera DR
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • Joe Daniels, P1735 Technical Editor
    • Satyam Jani, Aldec DR
    • Adam Sherer, Cadence DR
    • John Shields, Mentor DR
    • Sourabh Tandon, Synopsys
    • Steven Dovich, P1076 liaison
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • Luis Humberto, Jasper DRA
  • Not Attending
    • Rod Price, Synopsys DRA
    • Jonathan Goldberg, IEEE Professional Services
    • Gael Paul, PLDA
    • Joe Hupcey, Jasper DR
    • Sridhar Gangadharan, Atrenta DR
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DR
    • Krista Gluchoski, IEEE Professional Services
    • Dmitry Melnick, Aldec DRA
    • Stan Krolikoski, Cadence (DASC Chair)
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Previous Meeting minutes
  5. Guests and new members
  6. Action Item Review
  7. Liaison Reports
  8. Ballot status
  9. Schedule
  10. General Status
  11. Individual Clause Status
  12. High-level Objectives
  13. Project Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 6/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion to approve agenda made by John, seconded Ray. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

John moved and Ray seconded the approval of the April 28, 2014 minutes. The motion was approved.

Guests and New Members

Action Item Review

Dave G reviewed and closed all remaining items with Steve.

Liaison Reports

Dave G continues to ask Accellera if they can appoint Gael Paul in some role so his participation in the WG can continue.

Ballot Status

Ballot Pool closed on March 23, balanced with 9 participants. Waiting for word from IEEE if Jasper's status change requires us to rebalance.

Schedule

Dave G showed an updated schedule. This shows a one wek slip due to Joe's activities during Draft 5 creation. This leave 33 calendar days slack to hit the December revcom agenda.

Item Duration Start End
MEC review & ballot formation 52 1/30/2014 3/23/2014
Finish Draft 5 preparation 57 3/23/2014 5/19/2014
Draft 5 PDF creation 21 5/19/2014 6/09/2014
Ballot 45 6/09/2014 7/24/2014
Review comments/rework 30 7/24/2014 8/23/2014
Recirculation ballot 30 8/23/2014 9/22/2014
Submit for revcom 45 9/22/2014 11/06/2014
Revcom opportunities
12/9/2014 Important!

General Status

Review, feedback, and updates for draft 5 are ongoing. Some material came in recently and some is still coming this week, so there is a question if Joe can start on May 19 or not. We will monitor status closely this week and decide among a) handlff everything on May 19, b) ask Joe to start on portions, or ) move handoff to May 26.

John pointed out with volume of change since Draft 4, that a Draft 6 is a possibility.

Individual Clause Status

Clause 1 - Overview

Adam is working on an update for clause 1 and expects to post something this week, hopefully today.

Clause 2 - Normative References

Dave G knows of no further changes needed.

Clause 3 - Definitions, acronyms, abbreviations

Dave G believes all content is posted: the clause from Draft 4 plus additional definitions from Synopsys's comments on Draft 4 plus one definition from Mentor's rewritten Trust Model material.

Clause 4 - Trust model

John rewrote the trust model clause, posting it on April 2. John will make a minor revision this week.

Clause 5 - Interoperability

Ray posted an update on May 11. One new section added based on feedback from Gael Paul. Ray asked the WG to review.

Clause 6 - Key Management

Ruchi has been working on updates. Steve exchanged email on proposed updates from Ruchi and is working with her to complete this. Adam with Ruchi and Steve will post an update this week.

Clause 7 - Rights Management

Dave G posted an update on April 25. John mentioned feedback from Gael related to disjoint envelopes and granularity of protected design units. Nobody has dealt with multiple envelopes per design unit, if allowed at all, if last envelope applies to whole design unit, or something else. John will discuss in Annex C for WG review.

Clause 8 - License Management

Dave G posted an update on April 11 and knows of no further changes needed.

Clause 9 - Visibility

John posted an update on April 17. Additional Synopsys feedback was sent April 25. John will review new input and give either the document or a date for the document this week.

Clause 10 - Common Rights

John posted an update on May 11.

Annex A - Bibliography

Dave G knows of no further changes needed.

Annex B - Required algorithms and interoperability

Dave G knows of no further changes needed.

Annex C - Other known issues with IP protection (informative, not normative)

John is working on visibility for annex C. John expects to post an update by May 16.

There may or may not be a need for key management discussion in this annex. We will revisit this after the key management update is completed.

Work Plan

High-level objectives
  • Go to ballot in June.
  • Get on agenda for December revcom ratification.
Project Plan
  • Draft 5
    • Insure we have addressed MEC review comments
    • Complete updates to all content to hand off to Joe per the above schedule

Other Business

Dave G to update web site including fixing some file permissions - low priority.

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for June 9, 2014 at 16:00UTC.

We will hold a draft development committee meeting on May 19 at 16:30 UTC.

Tentative Agenda for next WG meeting

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Previous Meeting minutes
  5. Guest and new members
  6. Action Item Review
  7. Liaison Reports
  8. Ballot status
  9. Schedule
  10. General Status
  11. Individual Clause Status
  12. High-level Objectives
  13. Project Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by John, second by Ray. Approved by acclamation at 16:47 UTC

Approval

These minutes are unapproved.

-- DaveGraubart - 2014-06-09

Topic revision: r1 - 2014-06-06 - 23:17:43 - DaveGraubart
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback