IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of December 9, 2013

Meeting Info

Conference Information

Participants

  • Attending
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR (Chair)
    • Jeff Fox, Altera DR
    • Joe Daniels, P1735 Technical Editor
    • Steven Dovich
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • John Shields, Mentor DR

  • Not Attending
    • Jonathan Goldberg, IEEE Professional Services
    • Krista Gluchoski, IEEE Professional Services
    • Dmitry Melnick, Aldec DR
    • John Shields, Mentor DR
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA
    • Stan Krolikoski, Cadence (DASC Chair)
    • Devin Sundaram, Altera DRA
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DR
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Previous Meeting minutes
  5. Action Item Review
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Schedule
  8. Front Matter
  9. Interoperability
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. License Management
  13. Visibility
  14. Common Rights
  15. Annxes
  16. Work Plan
  17. Other Business
  18. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 4/6 eligible entities, and do have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by John, seconded Ray. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

John moved and Ray seconded the approval of the November 25, 2013 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Closed Steve's action item on updating Front Matter suibale for draft 4.

Liaison Reports

PAR extension is under review by NESCOM members in preparation for the December meeting, and all questions to date have been resolved to their satisfaction. Then board meets Wednesday. Then should hear status of PAR for 2014.

Steve and John sent letters to Jim Lewis asking for Steve to be 1076 liaison. Pending confirmation, this will happen.

Schedule

Dave G presented an updated schedule accounting for Joe's availability and estimate for draft 4 work.

Item Duration Start End
Draft 4 preparation 60 11/4/2013 1/3/2014
Draft 4 PDF creation 28 1/3/2014 1/31/2014
MEC review & ballot formation 30 1/31/2014 3/2/2014
Finish Draft 5 preparation 14 3/2/2014 3/16/2014
Draft 5 PDF creation 7 3/16/2014 3/23/2014
Ballot 45 3/23/2014 5/7/2014
Review comments/rework 30 5/7/2014 6/6/2014
Recirculation ballot 30 6/6/2014 7/6/2014
Submit for revcom 45 7/6/2014 8/20/2014
Revcom opportunities
6/11/2014 Not likely
8/20/2014 Best target
12/9/2014 Backup

Assumptions:

1. Joe has 2014 IEEE professional services contract in place. Dave will check with Kristi.

2. Typography standards clear to be consistent and match 1076. Steve has these specified in recent front matter updates. 1076 LRM also available on 1735 private Twiki. Joe will contact Steve and/or John if questions arise.

Front Matter Status

Steve finished up front matter suitable for draft 4. Steve will look at licensing clause during December and possibly include POSIX standard for inclusion in annex A.

Steve anticipates these clauses changed about 25% from draft 3 to draft 4 and does not know of further changes that will be needed after draft 4.

Interoperability Status

Ray reports this is stable for draft 4. He estimates about 60% changed from draft 3 to draft 4 and that little will be needed after draft 4. Ray may do minor updates in December based on John's feedback.

Key Management Status

Steve reports this is stable for draft 4. He estimates about 10% has changed from draft 3 to 4 and does not know of further changes that will be needed after draft 4. John may have some feedback this week that Steve may be able to incorporate for draft 4.

Rights Management Status

Dave G reports this is stable for draft 4. He estimates about 25% changed from draft 3 to draft 4 and that there will be another 10% change after draft 4.

License Management Status

Dave G reports this is stable for draft 4. He estimates about 25% changed from draft 3 to draft 4 and that there will be another 10% change after draft 4.

Visibility Status

John reports this is stable for draft 4. He estimates about 50% changed from draft 3 to draft 4 and that there will be another 10% change after draft 4.

Common Rights Status

John reports this is stable for draft 4. He estimates about 50% changed from draft 3 to draft 4 and that there will be another 10% change after draft 4.

Annex Status

John reports is stable for draft 4. This is non-normative information and some now appears in clause 9 and 10. Some cleanup is pending after draft 4. John may make updates in December. Annex X, with some material moved to clause 9 and 10 will become Annex C (John). Annex A is bibliography (Steve), Annex B is required algorithms (Dave).

Work Plan

High-level objectives:

  • Secure the PAR extention to move expiration to the end of 2014
  • Secure pre-ballot feedback from other DASC working groups (using draft 4)
Project Plan:

  • Draft 4
    • All material for technical editor is now available but given time available in December, minor updates may be done
    • Technical editor can start right after the New year and expects three iterations to reach a PDF suitable for MEC review, internal technical reviews, and the foundation for working group draft 5 updates
    • Collect feedback sufficient for draft 5 work by the end of January
  • Draft 5
    • Incorporate MEC review comments
    • Incorporate refinements and syntax examples
Accellera Forum:

Dave G to place reference implementation and documentation as soon as possible

Other Business

Dave G to update web site, fixing some file permissions and adding John's slides that he did for DAC

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for December 23, 2013 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Previous Meeting minutes
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Common Rights and Visibility
  13. Work Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by John, second by Jeff. Approved by acclamation at 17:00 UTC

Approval

These minutes are approved.

-- DaveGraubart - 2013-12-09

Topic revision: r4 - 2014-01-06 - 16:07:25 - DaveGraubart
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback