IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of October 15, 2012

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting


  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, (chair) Cadence DR
    • Jeff Fox, Altera DR
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • Krista Gluchoski, IEEE Professional Services
    • John Shields, Mentor DR
    • Jarek Kaczynski, Aldec DR
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR
    • Joe Daniels, P1735 Technical Editor

  • Not Attending
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DRA
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Gary Delp, Accellera/Silver Loon Systems
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys


  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 10/01/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Common Rights and Visibility
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn



We have 6/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Jarek, seconded by Dave G. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Dave G moved and Ray seconded the approval of the October 1, 2012 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

John reported no encryption activity in P1076 in the past two weeks.

Krista reported that P1800 has complete balloting and is on the RevCom agenda for December.

Krista reported on invoicing activity.


No discussion

License Management

No discussion

Key Management

Steven expects to provide a draft for the key management clause to Joe in the coming week.

Rights Management

Dave G reported that an update to the draft for the rights management clause has been posted. Some review input has been received which is not yet incorporated into the draft.

Common Rights and Visibility

John anticipates completing a draft in November,

Work Plan

Task Requirements/White Paper Writer-ready Specification
Use Model 02-Jul-2008 ???
Trust Model ??? ???
Interoperability 24-Aug-2009 26-Jan-2010
License Management 19-Apr-2011 ???
Visibility Management 23-Jul-2010 ???
Key Management 18-Oct-2010 12-Aug-2011
Rights Control Structures 27-Jun-2011 ???
Common Rights 23-Jul-2011 ???

Joe and Dave G reported on offline discussions over how the licensing and rights management clauses relate to each other, and whether combination should be considered in whole or in part.

The group also discussed the idea of a possible future "decryption" right, and how that might appear within the current draft. The evolving consensus seems to center on using the Trust Model clause to clarify the risks that flow from providing a key block for a given tool. Jeff suggested that closing on the trust and certificate security action item would be useful in this context. Steven agreed to provide the draft trust model clause to seed that presentation.

Other Business

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for October 29, 2012 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 10/15/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Common Rights and Visibility
  13. Work Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn


Motion by Dave G, second by Ray. Approved by acclamation at 16:07UTC


These minutes are unapproved.

-- StevenDovich - 2012-10-15

Topic revision: r2 - 2012-10-15 - 16:10:34 - StevenDovich
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback