IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of December 10, 2012

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, (chair) Cadence DR
    • Jeff Fox, Altera DR
    • Krista Gluchoski, IEEE Professional Services
    • Joe Daniels, P1735 Technical Editor
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA

  • Not Attending
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • John Shields, Mentor DR
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA
    • Jarek Kaczynski, Aldec DR
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DRA
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • David Tran, Synopsys

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 11/26/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Common Rights and Visibility
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 4/5 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Dave G, seconded by Jeff. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Dave G moved and Jeff seconded the approval of the November 26, 2012 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

Steven reported that IEEE Standards Board has approved our PAR extension request. We are now approved through the end of 2013.

Inter-operability

Dave G noted that the encryption envelope issues are desirable but may not be required. Steven noted there may be remaining issues following the version updates.

Jeff asked about feedback from 1076 on the rights syntax, Target January draft for liaison review.

License Management

Dave G reported the first draft has been distributed, and that one of the two Altera requests have been incorporated. Dave G indicated that he has a proof-of-concept implementation of the licensing proxy service that can be made available.

Key Management

Steven reported no further activity since the draft which Joe incorporated into his update.

Rights Management

Dave G is working on resolving digest calculation issues, and is looking for additional feedback. The proposed syntax for conditional rights are of particular interest for early review.

Common Rights and Visibility

No discussion.

Work Plan

Task Requirements/White Paper Writer-ready Specification
Use Model 02-Jul-2008 ???
Trust Model ??? ???
Interoperability 24-Aug-2009 26-Jan-2010
License Management 19-Apr-2011 ???
Visibility Management 23-Jul-2010 ???
Key Management 18-Oct-2010 12-Aug-2011
Rights Control Structures 27-Jun-2011 ???
Common Rights 23-Jul-2011 ???

Joe noted that all of the current material is present in the draft which Steven will be uploading to the TWiki later today.

Other Business

Steven reported on Statement of Work changes for 2013, and budgeting for technical editing services. An assessment of $4200 per entity is required in 2013 to make the budget work, given an extension of 3 months of draft development activity and the loss of one expected entity payment in 2012.

Jeff moved, Dave G seconded approval of a Technical Editing assessment for 2013 at $4200 per entity, to be balloted via email, and upon approval invoiced in January and due in 60 days. Steven will conduct an email vote to be concluded by the end of December.

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for January 7, 2013 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 12/10/2012
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Common Rights and Visibility
  13. Work Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by Jeff, second by Dave G. Approved by acclamation at 16:50UTC

Approval

These minutes are unapproved.

-- StevenDovich - 2012-12-10

Topic revision: r2 - 2012-12-10 - 17:00:43 - StevenDovich
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback