IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of March 21, 2011

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Jarek Kaczynski, Aldec
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • John Shields, Mentor
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys

  • Not Attending
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Joe Daniels, IEEE Standards Association
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Gary Delp, Accellera/Silver Loon Systems
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 03/07/2011
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Work Plan
  12. Other Business
  13. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 4/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Jerry, seconded by Dave G. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Jerry moved and Dave G seconded the approval of the March 7, 2011 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items. The self-assessment ballot got delayed over the schedule justification requested by Synopsys. Aldec requests the same collateral for their internal justification.

Liaison Reports

John reported that P1076 expects their PAR to be approved shortly, and technical discussions are beginning. There hasn't been any activity relevant to P1735 so far.

Inter-operability

License Management

Key Management

Rights Management

Parminder reviewed his recent updates to the Control Block. Steven questioned the separation of interpretation of rights where data_state relied on the laguage specific attribute syntax. Dave G pointed out that the data_state would need to be inside the encrypted region for envelope security reasons. John raised a concern about semantics where insufficient information was available for consistency checking before language process, and thus required a more complicated multi-pass elaboration scheme. Parminder agreed to revisit the data_state specification.

John asked to clarify whether the data_state changes with a tool transformation, or if there were other conditions that control whether a change occurs. The consensus is that tools are the only processes which can affect data_state, and then only in ways documented by the tool. IP Users have no direct access, and can only affect changes by running tools which transform the state on the users behalf.

John liked the direction of establishing a Common Control block to bring common semantics into right specification, and to provide a vehicle for the Visibility Management work he has been exploring.

Dave G asked for feedback on the rights management requirements summary he sent via e-mail. John raised concerns about the encryption envelope references (item1), and the version requirement (item 6). Dave and Parminder clarified that tools could optionally support tool version constraints (in their private control block). John wanted to ensure that tool versioning not get confused with pragma syntax versioning, or with key versioning (certificate lifetimes, revocation, and/or re-keying the tool). The expected use case is to avoid known insecurities in specific tool releases.

Work Plan

Other Business

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for April 4, 2011 at 15:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 03/21/2011
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by Dave C, second by Ray. Approved by acclamation at 16:21UTC

Approval

These minutes are unapproved.

-- StevenDovich - 2011-03-21

Topic revision: r3 - 2011-04-04 - 14:27:41 - StevenDovich
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback