IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of February 7, 2011

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx
    • Jerek Kaczynski, Aldec
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys
    • John Shields, Mentor

  • Not Attending
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Joe Daniels, IEEE Standards Association
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Gary Delp, Accellera/Silver Loon Systems
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 01/24/2011
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Work Plan
  12. Other Business
  13. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 4/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Jerry, seconded by Dave G. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Ray moved and Dave G seconded the approval of the January 24, 2011 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items. The Cadence donation is in, and the donation deadline has passed.

Liaison Reports

Steven noted the upcoming DASC meetings.

Inter-operability

License Management

Key Management

Rights Management

Dave reviewed his e-mail outlining his proposed requirements for rights management. The group discussed user identity as a requirement versus making it a desirable property that only appeared as an informative note in the final standard(s). The concept of password-based user rights can also be addressed using our current scheme for license management.

Work Plan

Discussion of the fee assessment is planned for the next meeting. John asked about the estimate from Joe Daniel, and the working group agreed to check within their entities for support at the $8K to $10K level. Steven plans to check with DASC leadership for feedback on timing the receipt of assessment fees.

Other Business

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for February 21, 2011 at 15:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 02/07/2011
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by Dave G, second by John. Approved by acclamation at 16:21UTC

Approval

These minutes are unapproved.

-- StevenDovich - 2011-02-07

Topic revision: r2 - 2011-02-07 - 17:26:00 - StevenDovich
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback