IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of July 12, 2010

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • John Shields, Mentor
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys

  • Not Attending
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Gary Delp, Accellera/Silver Loon Systems
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 06/14/2010
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Work Plan
  12. Other Business
  13. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have XXX/5 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by John, seconded by Michael. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Dave G moved and Ray seconded the approval of the June 14, 2010 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

Inter-operability

John discussed his latest e-mail to the reflector on the SV Mantis report. Steven provided historical context from the P1364 standards discussions.

John reviewed his work on visibility issues, and talked about some of the open issues in drafting a proposed recommendation. Dave described a situation where reporting abstracted classifications of protected content was deemed undesirable by some IP owners. Steven noted that this falls under one of the use cases in his Rights Management discussion draft.

License Management

Key Management

Rights Management

Steven provided an overview of the preliminary discussion draft for Rights Management. John suggested that the VSIA donation be linked into the page as a source reference.

Work Plan

Dave suggested that some indication of the work plan schedule be placed on the status slides. John noted that we need to add a milestone for hiring an editor to write the ballot draft for our recommendations. Dave suggested a milestone for outlining the topics covered in the recommendations and what is deferred for a subsequent version.

Other Business

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for July 26, 2010 at 15:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 07/12/2010
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by Dave G, second by John. Approved by acclamation at 16:30UTC

Approval

These minutes were approved at the July 26, 2010 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 2010-07-26

Topic revision: r5 - 2010-08-09 - 13:52:14 - StevenDovich
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback