IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of February 8, 2010

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • John Shields, Mentor
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx

  • Not Attending
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys
    • Gary Delp, LSI

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 01/25/2010
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability testing
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Other Business
  12. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 4/5 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Dave G, seconded by Bin. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Dave G moved and John seconded the approval of the January 25, 2010 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

Status information was provided to DASC and CAG. John presented an overview of P1735 to P1076.1 (VHDL-AMS), and answered their questions about language specific issues.

Inter-operability Testing

Dave G posted a proposal to the recommendations page to tighten up requirements around the version keyword.

Ray moved and John seconded approval of the proposed change. The motion was approved.

Steve introduced questions that had been raised in P1800 (SV-BC) regarding the syntax of pragma expression lists. Industry practice (and recollection of historical intent) omits the comma, where the actual grammar rules require the comma. Options for resolving this issue include:

  • Correct the grammar to remove the comma
  • Correct the grammar to make the comma optional
  • Endorse the comma as required

John noted the second issue from the same e-mail thread, regarding the short-hand equivalence between pragma expressions in a single directive and a sequence of directives with one pragma expression each. There is no explicit statement in the LRM to note that certain cases cannot be expressed in the expanded form due to encoded data expectations on the next line. Options for resolving this issue:

  • Change the specification of recognizing the start of encoded data to make the expanded form truly consistent with the single directive form
  • Revise the LRM to note the additional constraint that may prevent expansion to multiple directives

%ACTION{ closed="2010-10-11" closer="" created="2010-02-08" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" notify="" state="closed" uid="000004" who="Main.JohnShields" }% Writeup a proposed recommendation to resolve the pragma expression issues from SV-BC. This has been resolved in committee and a Mantis item 2948 in 1800 has been completed. -- JohnShields - 2010-10-08 - 18:05 %ENDACTION%

License Management

Key Management

Other Business

Message for P1800:

  • Things we are working on
  • The set of issues that are language neutral and which we would recommend incorporation into the next draft
  • The set of issues that are language specific and which P1800 needs to invest some time in resolving
    • Visibility and information protection models
    • Messaging from within protected envelopes (defective models, and/or usage issues). IP authors and users bear primary responsibility for speaking up on this issue.

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for February 22, 2010 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 02/08/2010
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability testing
  9. LRM errata
  10. License Management
  11. Key Management
  12. Other Business
  13. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by Dave G, second by Dave C. Approved by acclamation at 16:29UTC

Approval

These minutes were approved at the February 22, 2010 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 2010-02-22

Topic revision: r7 - 2010-10-11 - 20:01:57 - JohnShields
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback