IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of February 23, 2009

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Webex


  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys

  • Not Attending
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • John Shields, Mentor
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys
    • Gary Delp, LSI


  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 2/2/2009
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Recommended Algorithms (AES-256)
  9. License Management
  10. Inter-operability testing
  11. Key Management Issues
  12. Other Business
  13. Adjourn



We have 3/4 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Dave G, seconded by Michael. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Michael moved and Karlton seconded the approval of the February 2, 2009 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

IEEE CAG has requested a status update for their March 5-6 meeting, and Steven will be sending that today.

P1800 is going to ballot with a draft that includes our contributions for fixing the initial vector problem.

Recommended Algorithms

Requests have been made for benchmarking of AES-256 performance, and responses are still pending. Steven suggested proceeding unless there is an objection from implementors, with the understanding that subsequent evidence of hardship could merit re-visiting the decision.

%ACTION{ closed="2009-03-09" closer="Main.StevenDovich" created="2009-02-23" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" state="closed" uid="000055" who="Main.StevenDovich" }% Update proposal for the requirements document

License Management

Michael gave an overview of a socket-based communication protoccol for externally provided license management. The approach has similar characteristics to the dynamic call from shared library approach, though there is a potential weakness due to repeated use of a common encryption key.

Inter-operability Testing

Ruchi is just started investigating the set of issues around inter-operability and expects to be ready in a future meeting to begin discussing the topic in the working group.

Key Management Issues

Nitin is looking for feedback on the issues discussed so far, based on the current document. He believes that March 23 is the earliest reasonable opportunity to come back with an update for further discussion.

Michael asked about experience with acquiring certificates. Nobody had a response, and some further investigation should be done on the costs and requirements.

Other Business


Motion by Dave G, second by Dave C. Approved by acclamation at 10:44 pm CDT


These minutes were approved at the March 9, 2009 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 09 Mar 2009

Topic revision: r2 - 2009-03-09 - 15:46:05 - StevenDovich
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback