IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of July 2, 2008

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Webex

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • John Shields, Mentor

  • Not Attending
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys
    • Gary Delp, LSI

Quorum

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 6/18/2008
  5. Election Status
  6. TWiki site changes
  7. Workplan, Schedule, and Progress Metrics
  8. Use Cases
  9. Other Business

Minutes

Quorum

We have 4/5 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Dave C, seconded by Michael, approved by acclamation.

Previous Minutes

Nick moved and Dave C seconded the approval of the June 18, 2008 minutes. Michael, and Parminder abstained. The motion was approved.

Election Status

John announced results to the reflector on July 1.  Steven intends to discuss the open office for WG Secretary with Gary Delp and report back in the near future.

Twiki site update

Steven reviewed updated organization of P1735 Twiki, including the event calendar, action item list, and public documents area.

Workplan, Schedule, and Progress Tracking

%ACTION{ closed="2010-05-03" closer="Main.StevenDovich" created="2008-07-08" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" state="closed" uid="000005" who="Main.StevenDovich" }% Work with Bill to resolve workplan management recommendations with results from previous minutes %ENDACTION%

Use Cases

Discussion continue on the contributed Use Cases. John discussed his contribution for Tool-based Secret Key. Bill questioned how this differed from Digital Envelope.

%ACTION{ closed="2010-04-19" closer="Main.StevenDovich" created="2008-07-08" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" state="closed" uid="000006" who="Main.StevenDovich" }% Set up time to review current use cases w/ Bill and John (and others?) %ENDACTION% John discussed his contribution for Secure Keyring. This has the potential to address trust issues with the tools which enforce the protection. Cost and usability constraints are issues for future discussion.

Adjournment

Motion by John, second by Michael. Approved by acclamation at 1:28 pm CDT

Approval

These minutes were approved at the July 9, 2008 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 09 Jul 2008

Topic revision: r9 - 2010-05-03 - 14:39:25 - StevenDovich
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback