Teleconference, Monday, October 20, 2014, 1600 UTC; 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time

A quorum of 2 out of 4 voting members present. 1 non-voting members were also present.
Attendance and voter status indicated on the on-line roster.

Attendees

  • Voting members
    • Andrew Piziali
    • Darren Galpin
  • Non-voting members
    • Yuri Tsoglin
    • Karen Ochoa

1. Call to order meeting 86 on October 20th at 9:05 am PST (1705 UTC)

2. Approval of September 8th meeting minutes (meeting 85)

  • Andy motioned, Yuri to second

3. Status update

  • September 8 Status
    • Temporal WG (Mike)
      • Two docs (events.doc and temporal.doc) sent to Alan for PDF update.
      • Procedural API doc still under discussion.
    • Messaging and Types (Yuri)
      • Most type related things done, awaiting docs from Alan.
      • No progress on messaging
    • Darren
      • List updates all done and approved.
      • Instance based coverage issue dumped on Hannes, to be done in October. First drafts sent out by Hannes. Yuri to discuss with local experts.
      • Requested Hannes to look at TLM2 issue.
  • Action Items
  • Editor Slot
    • October 20 Update (Karen on behalf of Alan)
      • Currently no change in editing

4. Other business

  • Any other business?
    • UVM PAR
      • Approved in DASC to add this as an extension to 1800 SV standar - 1800.2
      • Perhaps look at this after the latest revision passed with an eye to creating a 1647.2 request, taking the donated document and then mapping it to the UVM for e as already in use.
      • Others expressed concerns. Darren encouraged all to respond with concerns
  • Mail a message to ieee1647@edaNOSPAM.org (the general email reflector) if you were not recorded in these minutes

5. Call for essential patents

  • The IEEE-SA updated the patent policy effective April 2008
  • The details are available in updated slide set at http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-slideset.pdf. (See "Patent related" from the IEEE 1647 home page, "Slides About IEEE Patent Policy").
  • If you believe that any patent claims are essential patent claims, please inform the working group. Review the posted slides for more information.

6. Next meeting

  • November 17th at 9am PST ( 1700 UTC )

7. Adjourn

  • Andy P motioned
  • Yuri seconded
  • Motion approved
  • Meeting adjourned at 9:14 PDT (16:14 UTC)

-- DarrenGalpin - 2014-10-20

Topic revision: r1 - 2014-10-20 - 16:29:15 - DarrenGalpin
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback