IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - September 7, 2016, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: approved by WG on October 12, 2016


  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair, note taker)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer IIS/EAS (note taker)
This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.


  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of August 10, 2016 meetings
    • IEEE patent policy
  • Project discussion
    • LCSs: 201x-20
    • Other projects: TDM and VMO packages, 'LTF/'ZTF forms, Q'SLEW
    • LRM status
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:03 am PDT.


Agenda was approved without changes.

Administrative issues

Approval of minutes
Minutes of the 2016-08-10 meeting were approved after the extension taht the WG decided not to update the P&Ps. Alain moved, seconded by Joachim.

Review of IEEE patent policy
Review of patent policy was skipped because all participantsin the telephone conference were regulars.

Handling of copyrighed material
Ernst received a Copyright Permission Letter from Cadence and Eastman Kodak. Synopsys is working on it. There was no reaction from Accellera. Status of TDM and VMO packages with regard to P1076.1 is open.

Project discussion

TDM and VMO packages
Different versions of the Table Driven Modelling (TDM) package are available. They use either VHDL 2008 features or constrained arrays. Both approaches have pros and cons. The final package based on VHDL 2008 shall be made available as open source. The status of the Vector Matrix package can be found in the meeting slides.

Alternate forms of Q'LTF would require to make the type COMPLEX available. Ernst will check whether this can be done in an easy way. Otherwise, the LRM revision will not address this issue.

At a discontinuity of a quantity Q, it must be assured that Q'SLEW is continuous. The declaration of the attribute has to be updated in a sophisticated way.

The status of the LCSs is summarized in the meeting slides. LCS 201x-20 (Working with Quantities at an ASP) was approved.

LRM status and next steps
The LRM status and next steps are summarized in the meeting slides.


There was no AOB.


The meeting ended at 10:03 am PDT.

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides160907.pdf manage 185.3 K 2016-09-27 - 18:07 JoachimHaase Meeting slides 2016-09-07
Topic revision: r2 - 2016-11-07 - 13:02:44 - JoachimHaase
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback