IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - October 14, 2015, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: approved by WG on November 11, 2015


Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Zhichao Deng, Synopsys (WG Vice Chair)
  • Joachim Haase (note taker)

This was a web meeting. Attendees constitute a quorum. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of September 9, 2015 meeting
    • IEEE patent policy
    • P&P update
    • Officer elections
  • Project discussion
    • Approval of LCSs: 201x-04
    • Analysis of LCSs 201x-01, 201x-02, 201x-05
    • Review of LCSs 201x-07, 201x-08, 201x-09, 201x-10, 201x-11, 201x-12, 201x-13
    • LRM status
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Agenda was approved. A motion was made by Alain and seconded by Joachim.

Administrative issues

Approval of September 9, 2015 minutes
Alain pointed out his readiness to review LCS 201x-09. The September 9, 2015 minutes were approved with a corresponding modification. Alain moved, seconded by Zhichao.

Patent policy
Ernst offered to show the patent policy, but presentation was unnecessary since the attendees are all regulars.

Update of the Policies and Procedures for the IEEE P1076.1 Working Group
Ernst presented the draft P&Ps for the WG. The position of the Treasurer was removed. Minor changes concern the responsibilities of Chair and Secretary. The discussion came to the conclusion that a meeting notice and the agenda shall be distributed at least 7 calendar days in advance of a meeting. The P&Ps were approved by the WG. Zhichao moved, seconded by Joachim. Ernst will hand over the P&Ps to DASC for confirmation.

Officer elections
The terms of Chair and Vice-Chair end in December 2015. After approval of the DASC, the election will be started based on the new P&Ps. Joachim will act as Election officer.

Project discussion

LCS 201x-04 (Types and Natures)
The discussion was about new examples and comments regarding record nature types. Ernst will make the changes and bring up the LCS again.

LCS 201x-01 (External names)
Clarifications concerning an external name to make it a port were discussed. The LCS was approved by the WG. Ernst will upload the approved version.

LCS 201x-02 (Simulation cycle)
There was no feeback. LCS will be brought up again at the next meeting.

LCS 201x-05 (Expressions)
Review is pending. Zhichao will contribute.

LCS 201x-09 (Design units and their analysis)
Alain made a few comments. Review is completed. The LCS was approved.

Further reviews of LCSs
LCS 201x-07, LCS 201x-08, and LCS 201x-10 will be reviewed by Alain. Zhichao will review LCS 201x-12 and LCS 201x-13. Review of LCS 201x-11 requires more effort and is still open. The Language Change Specifications are available in the Member-only area.

Other projects
There was no progress of the Table-Driven Modeling project. Feedback by David Bishop regarding the Vector/Matrix Operations project is expected by the next meeting.

LRM status
The P1076.1-201X LRM editing information is provided in the Member-only area. New PDFs that include LCS 201x-03 for clause 11, clause 14, and annex I are available. Alain will include approved LCSs in the baseline documents. A draft version will include new functionality.

Next meeting

Wednesday, November 11, 2015, 8.00am PST (16:00 UTC).

AOB

No other business.

Adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at 9:40 am PDT.

-- JoachimHaase - 2015-10-20

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides151014.pdf manage 72.5 K 2015-10-23 - 08:32 JoachimHaase Meeting slides 2015-10-14
Topic revision: r5 - 2016-01-22 - 21:43:35 - ErnstChristen
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback