IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - October 12, 2011 8am PDT (17:00 CET)

Status: approved on November 9, 2011.


  • Ernst Christen (chair, meeting convener)
  • Joachim Haase
  • Alain Vachoux (note taker)


  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of August 10 meeting
    • Operating Procedures update
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
    • IEEE-SA changes
    • Fund raising
  • Project overview and status
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order on October 12, 2011 at 8:04am PDT

Ernst welcomed the participants and started presenting the meeting slides.

Approval of the agenda

Agenda approved without modification.

Administrative issues

Minutes of August 10 working group meeting
Motion from Joachim, Alain seconded. No objections and abstentions. Minutes approved.

Operating Procedures update
Updated working group P&Ps have been approved by DASC on Oct. 6, 2011. Ernst will publish them on the WG web site.

Ongoing process. WG officers are collecting addresses of potential sponsors (EDA vendors, consortiums).

Presentation of WG status at DATE 2012 as part of a special session on electro-mobility organized and proposed by Joachim. Decision from DATE 2012 TPC after their meeting in early November. If accepted, a 6-page paper for the whole session will have to be delivered by December. Alain and Ernst will jointly work on the paper and the presentation. Alain will do the presentation at DATE 2012.

Changes in IEEE-SA
More information here and in this document.

Officer elections
Current officer 2-year terms are ending. Ernst will organize new elections by the end of the year.

Project updates

Only the Table-Driven Modeling group had activities. Joachim gave an update. A reference implementation, documentation and test cases for the proposed TDM packages based on VHDL-2002 are being developed. TDM proposal to be submitted to 1076 ISAC for review.

Next steps

WG officer elections, fund raising.

Next meeting on November 9, 2011.




Ernst adjourned the meeting at 8:35am PDT.

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf 111012_mtg_slides.pdf manage 63.2 K 2011-11-09 - 07:51 AlainVachoux Meeting slides of October 12, 2011
Topic revision: r5 - 2016-01-26 - 20:20:34 - ErnstChristen
Copyright © 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback