IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - October 10, 2012, 8am PST (15:00 GMT)

Status: approved.

Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair, meeting convener)
  • David Smith, Synopsys
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (note taker)

This was a web meeting.
The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides.
The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of September 12, 2012 meeting
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
    • P&P update status
    • User group
  • Project status and updates
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst opened the meeting and welcomed the attendees at 8:04am PST. The quorum has been reached (5 voting members, 3 participants).

Approval of the agenda

Agenda approved.

Administrative issues

Minutes of September 12, 2012 working group meeting
Minutes approved.

Patent policy
Ernst summarized the IEEE patent policy and asked the attendees to visit the web site listed in the presentation to study it.

P&P update
Ernst to upload the new P&P template to the 1076.1 Twiki site.
Next step is to create the modified 1076.1 P&P document and a specific operational manual document on how the new supporter group should work.

User group
Ernst contacted people within Mentor Graphics. More system-level than IC people. Concerns are more about writing/using models than on language issues. A champion is needed to drive the UG.
The discussion enlarged to the wider concern about how the WG could continue its works and specifically on how to get more interested people actively involved. Suggestion to do a screening of the 1076.1 mailing list, provided it is OK with the P&Ps.

Project overview and status

See the meeting slides. No discussion done at the telco.

Next steps

Next regular working group telco will be on November 14, 2012 at 8am PST (15:00 UTC, 17:00 CEST).

AOB

None.

Adjourn

Ernst thanked the participants and adjourned the meeting at 8:58am PST.

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf 121010_mtg_slides.pdf manage 61.5 K 2013-02-13 - 07:36 AlainVachoux Meeting slides of October 10, 2012
Topic revision: r5 - 2016-01-22 - 20:39:12 - ErnstChristen
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback