IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - March 15, 2017, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: approved by WG on April 26, 2017


Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer IIS/EAS (note taker)
This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of February 8, 2017 meeting
    • IEEE patent policy
    • Time line to approval by IEEE
  • IEEE ballot
    • Result of WG vote
    • Mandatory Editorial Coordination
    • Forming a Ballot pool
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:05 am PDT. A quorum was determined.

Agenda

Alain moved to approve the agenda seconded by Joachim.

Administrative issues

Approval of minutes
Alain moved to approve the February 8, 2017 minutes. Joachim seconded.

Mandatory
Review of patent policy was skipped because all participants in the telephone conference were regulars.

Handling of copyrighted material
There was no response from Synopsys regarding a Copyright Permission Letter to include the STD_LOGIC_TEXTIO package into the 1076.1-201x LRM revision. Therefore, all notes related to this package have to be removed from the Draft LRM. Ernst submitted the LCS 201x-25 STD_LOGIC_TEXTIO that is available in the Language Change Specifications for P1076.1-201x area and describes the consequences for LRM editing.

Time line to approval by IEEE
The time line was updated with minor changes. Next step is the IEEE-SA Mandatory Editorial Coordination (MEC). After MEC is initiated, Ernst will start the invitation for forming the ballot group. The process follows the rules for individual based projects. For details see the meeting slides and the IEEE-SA information on the balloting process.

IEEE Ballot

Result of WG vote
The WG review ended on Mach 12, 2017. The Draft 1076.1-201x LRM version D1.0 has been approved.

Mandatory Editorial Coordination
Draft LRM document, collateral files, and Copyright Permission Letters are required for MEC. The requirements of the Draft Review Check must be fulfilled prior to start the Sponsor Ballot. Ernst and Alain take care of this action. Alain will consider the LCS 201x-25 in the new version of the Draft LRM. Furthermore, tracing of the LCSs is not required in the updated Draft LRM. Only a single color for VHDL 1076.1 specific parts has to be used and color handling will be explained in the introduction of the LRM. For the MEC phase, Alain will prepare the Draft 1076.1-201x LRM version D1.1 and upload it to the P1076.1-201x LRM editing member-only area.

Forming a Ballot pool
Ernst will prepare the inivation to form a ballot group. In accordance with the PAR of the WG, the ballot will be individual based. Ernst intends to send out the invitation to the members of the IEEE P1076.1 WG, IEEE P1076 WG, and DASC. How IEEE-SA, IEEE, and non IEEE members can participate will be explained in the invitation. Further information are given by the IEEE-SA Casting your ballot Web site.

Miscellaneous
Vendors should be allowed to ship packages in text form. This requires an approval of the IEEE. Jonathan Goldberg from the Sponsoring Society and Committee IEEE Computer Society/Design Automation (C/DA) will be contacted to clarify this problem.

Next meeting

The next meeting will take place after MEC is completed. Ernst will invite in time.

AOB

There was no AOB.

Adjourn

The meeting ended at 9:05 am PDT.

-- Joachim Haase - 2017-03-16

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides170315.pdf manage 177.9 K 2017-03-16 - 14:31 JoachimHaase 2017-03-15 Meeting slides
Topic revision: r3 - 2017-04-26 - 15:54:57 - JoachimHaase
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback