IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - March 13, 2013, 8am PDT (15:00 GMT)

Status: draft.

Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair, meeting convener, note taker)
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL
  • David Bishop, Kodak
  • Joan Woolery, IEEE-SA Staff Liaison

This was a web meeting.
The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides.
The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of February 13, 2013 meeting
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
    • Elections
    • Call for Participation
  • Project status and update
    • Technical and LRM priorities
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst opened the meeting and welcomed the attendees at 8:05am PST. The quorum was not reached until Alain joined about 10 minutes later.

Approval of the agenda

Motion from Joachim, seconded by David B. No objection. No abstention. Agenda approved.

Administrative issues

Minutes of February 13, 2013 working group meeting
Postponed due to lack of quorum.

Patent policy
Ernst summarized the IEEE patent policy and asked the attendees to visit the web site listed in the presentation to study it.

Elections
Ernst summarized the decision reached at the previous meeting to remain an individual-based Working Group and to be self funded. Alain is stepping down as Secretary to take ownership of LRM editing. Alain has served the WG for over 20 years either as Secretary or as Chair, and he was Chair when both the 1999 and 2007 revisions of P1076.1 were approved. Ernst thanked Alain for his long service which, as indicated, is continuing.

To fill the vacancy, Ernst will call for elections. He proposed to elect a new Secretary for a partial term ending at the end of CY 2014. Since the other Officer's terms end at the end of CY 2013 this will make it possible to designate a Returning Officer for future elections from the pool of Officers. Joan asked whether this is consistent with the P&Ps as there is a clause mentioning a 6 month term. Ernst responded that the 6 month term is for appointments made by the chair, which must be followed by a regular election within 6 months.

Election parameters: Ernst as Returning Officer. Nomination period now till March 31. Elections April 1 till April 14.

Call for Participation
Ernst has worked with Joan and Elizabeth Annis from IEEE-SA to issue a Call for Participation in the WG. He presented an overview of the CfP, which can go to up to 3 Societies. Since we are reaching out to end users the Societies to target are Power Electronics, Aerospace and Electronics Systems, and Vehicular Technology. The CfP should go out shortly.

Project status and update

Ernst gave a cursory overview of the different projects, but then focused on LRM work. The issue that is holding back 3 projects is the lack of a baselined LRM. A document created by Peter Ashenden, P1076-2008-conditional.pdf (available in the protected area of the web site) is a good starting point.

Ernst has contacted Peter to get the FrameMaker source with all the condition tags that Peter maintained. No response so far. An alternative would be to get sources of the P1076-2008 and the P1076.1-2007 documents, integrate them and create the condition tags, but this would be a lot of extra work.

Next steps

Next regular working group telco will be on April 17, 2013 at 8am PDT (15:00 UTC, 16:00 CET).

AOB

None.

Adjourn

Ernst thanked the participants and adjourned the meeting at 8:50am PDT.

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf 130313_mtg_slides.pdf manage 69.7 K 2013-03-19 - 21:06 ErnstChristen  
Topic revision: r2 - 2016-01-22 - 21:08:21 - ErnstChristen
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback