IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - June 8, 2010 8am PST (17:00 CET)

Status: approved by WG on July 13, 2010.

Attendees

  • Ernst Christen (chair, meeting convener)
  • Zhichao Deng
  • Joachim Haase
  • David Smith
  • Thuy Tran
  • Alain Vachoux (note taker with big help from Ernst)

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
  • Survey update
  • Project updates
  • Next steps and next meetings
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

1. Call to order on June 8, 2010 at 8am PST

Ernst welcomed the participants and started presenting the meeting slides.

2. Approval of the Agenda

Motion from David, Joachim seconded. No objections and abstentions. Agenda approved.

3. Administrative Issues

  • Minutes from April 13 working group meeting
    Motion to approve from Joachim, Zhichao seconded. No objections and abstentions. Minutes approved.
  • Publicity: Ernst and Joachim will prepare a paper for the fall edition of Simulation News in Europe.
  • Ernst added a calendar in the Twiki site to help coordinating meetings of WG and project subcommittees.
  • Review of IEEE patent policy
    Ernst offered a review of the IEEE patent policy. Participants waived the review.
  • 1076.1.1 revision
    IEEE checklist for draft standards submitted for Mandatory Editorial Coordination requires an Introduction that describes history of standard and a few other minor things. Ernst will work with Peter Ashenden to get this changed. Will ultimately require reapproval by WG.
  • 1076.1 revision
    The uploaded marked-up copy 1076-2008+1076.1 includes the 1076.1 text in the places where it appeared in 1076.2-2007. This may or may not be right. To be handled by Other Mandatory Changes project.

4. Final Survey Results

Four more responses. Three top topics: frequency-domain modeling, table-driven modeling, mixed netlists. Newly proposed project require clarifications on intents and needs. Document with all feedbacks available in this site.

5. Project Updates

5.1 VHPI-AMS (David Smith)

David reported about meeting of May 26, attended by David Smith, Peter Ashenden, Zhichao Deng, Yaseen Zaidi. Topic of discussion was paper by Martin Vlach. Goal is to understand scope. Had a good discussion about stop/restart of simulation. Modified scope to be uploaded to twiki. Next meeting initially planned for June 17, will be moved to June 24 because of DAC.

5.2 Genericity (John Willis)

No report from champion.

5.3 Other Mandatory Changes (Ernst Christen)

Ernst reported that he worked through a few chapters of 1076-2008+1076.1 to get a feel for the issues. Not clear yet how to annotate changes. Will pick issue up again after DAC and hold first meeting.

5.4 1076.1.1 Integration (David Smith)

David gave an overview of the required work, which includes creating machine readable versions of the packages. At the last meeting discussion covered dimensional analysis and scalable natures. A draft of the scope exists, but need to include dimension concept and also look at past efforts.

5.5 Frequency-Domain Modeling (Ernst Christen)

See slide 7.

5.6 PDE Support (John Willis)

No report from champion, but offer from Tom Kazmierski to submit complete proposal. Ernst is working with Tom to understand what this means. See also slide 8.

5.7 Table-Driven Modeling (Joachim Haase)

Joachim reported about the meeting held on June 7. Discussion was about plan (see slide 9) and requirements. Requirements document created by Alain to be updated with results of the discussion. Next meeting July 5.

5.8 Vector/Matrix Operations (Zhichao Deng)

Zhichao reported that he is in the process to call the first meeting. Ernst added that after a call for past efforts on the VHDL 200x reflector David Bishop stepped forward and in a few days created a draft package. This will require review after requirements have been formulated.

5.9 Uniform Use of SPICE Models (John Willis)

No report from champion.

5.10 Issues/Questions

Should there be a common format for requirements and LCSes, or in general documents created by subcommittees? Ernst responded that we definitely need to create an LCS format, but he thinks that for the other documents uniformity is not so important.

6. Next Steps and Next Meeting

  • Publicity: Paper being considered for Simulation news in Europe will likely be about standard revision, but may include an overview of what is already available.
  • 1076.1.1 revision: IEEE balloting group to be formed by June 17. Ballot will start soon after.
  • 1076.1 draft PAR: Possibly available by next WG meeting for discussion.
  • Next meeting: July 13.

7. AOB

None.

8. Adjourn

Ernst adjourned the meeting at 8:57am PDT.

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf 100608_mtg_slides.pdf manage 182.6 K 2010-06-11 - 13:15 AlainVachoux Meeting slides of June 8, 2010
Topic revision: r3 - 2010-09-13 - 07:18:32 - AlainVachoux
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback