IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - June 8, 2016, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: approved by WG on August 10, 2016


Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair, note taker)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer (note taker)
This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of May 11, 2016 meeting
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
  • Project discussion
    • Alternatives for writing quantity values
    • Review of LCSs: 201x-13, 201x-16, 201x-17, 201x-18, 201x-19
    • LRM status
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:05 am PDT.

Agenda

Agenda was accepted without modifications.

Administrative issues

Approval of minutes
Minutes of the May 11, 2016 meeting were approved after correction. Alain made a motion seconded by Joachim.

Review of IEEE patent policy
Presentation of IEEE patent policy slides was skipped because all participants of the meeting are regular attendees.

Project discussion

Alternatives for writing quantity values
Ernst pointed out to the problem that direct access to quantity values at analog solution points (ASP) is not supported by the IEEE 1076.1 standard at the moment. This situation results among others in special verification problems. Ernst presented two choices to overcome the problem

  • Introduction of a postponed procedural statement to report quantity values at an ASP
  • Add a signal ASP_DONE to the STD.STANDARD package that toggles at ASPs and can activate a process statement
Details can be found in the meeting slides. Ernst prefers the predefined signal solution. It was discussed whether it is necessary to resrict the activation by the ASP_DONE signal to postponed processes. Ernst will check the consequences

LCSs
LCSs cover the technical clauses of the LRM (see meeting slides and LCS documents). Changes based on comments concerning LCS 201x-13 "Design units and their analysis" were done. LCS 201x-13 was approved. LCS 201x-17 "Integration of IEEE Std 1076.1.1" is ready for approval. Only the address of the download site for the packages has to be clarified. LCS 201x-16 "VHPI" and LCS 201x-19 "Frequency Domain Modelling" were submitted and must be reviewed. LCS 201x-18 "Resolution for IRs " is also still open for review.

LRM status
The status is summarized in the meeting slides. The progress is marked by red colored lines.

Project Planning Reminder
Dates of the project plan were shifted. First ballot is now planned for Q1.2017. It was discussed what activities are necessary to build a ballot committee.

Next steps
Ernst pointed out the next steps for the technical work (new functionality projects) and administrative issues (handling of copyrighted material, work with IEEE to get web site for packages).

Next meeting

The next meeting will be held on July 6, 2016.

AOB

There was no any other business.

Adjourn

The meeting ended at 9:27 am PDT.

-- Joachim Haase - 2016-06-09

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides160608.pdf manage 155.4 K 2016-06-09 - 07:59 JoachimHaase Meeting slides 2016-06-08
Topic revision: r2 - 2016-08-12 - 09:34:19 - JoachimHaase
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback