IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - February 8, 2017, 8am PST (16:00 UTC)

Status: approved by WO on March 15, 2017


Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer IIS/EAS (note taker)
This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of January 13, 2017 meeting
    • IEEE patent policy
    • Action items
    • Path and timeline to go to ballot
  • Project discussion
    • LRM review status
    • Standard collateral (packages)
    • Recently modified LCSs
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:05 am PST. A quorum was determined.

Agenda

Alain moved to approve the agenda seconded by Joachim.

Administrative issues

Approval of minutes
Alain moved to approve the January 13, 2017 minutes. Joachim seconded.

Review of IEEE patent policy
Review of patent policy was skipped because all participants in the telephone conference were regulars.

Handling on copyrighted material
Synopsys is still working on it. David Smith will attempt to find out who at Synopsys has this responsibility now. If he is not successful, Ernst will work with the DASC chair. If the CPL will not be provided in time, references to the STD_LOGIC_TEXTIO package have to be removed.

Action items

  • Handling of consistency of references to bibliographical items should be clarified. Requirements to bibliography and normative references are described in the 2014 IEEE-SA Standards Style Manual. The draft LRM follows these requirements.
  • Using colors instead of change bars to indicate 1076.1 content is still open. This question will not influence the WG ballot. The solution of the problem will be postponed to the beginning of the Mandatory Editorial Coordination (MEC) phase.

Project discussion

LRM review status
The meeting slides contain further information. Alain created Draft 1076.1-201x LRM version D0.3 that is available in the P1076.1-201x LRM editing member-only area. Considering modified LCSs a new Draft 1076.1-201x LRM version D1.0 will be created and provided for the WG balloting process.

Standard collaterals (packages)
The IEEE Std 1076 package copyright notes might be required to be updated. However, this is a legal and not a technical problem. Therefore, it does not affect the WG balloting process. The headers of the IEEE Std 1076.1.1 packages will be updated. Related to the WG balloting process, these packages can be handled as the 1076 packages. The 1076.1.1 packages will be provided for anybody for download. The URL for this purpose is not yet available. However, it is clear how it has to ve created.

Recently modified LCSs
The subsequent modifications will be carried out and integrated in the draft LRM for the WG balloting process:

  • 201x-04: In 5.8.3.3 italics font will be used for "compatible".
  • 201x-22: The paragraph about the current revision will be moved from the Scope to the Purpose section.
  • 201x-24: "definition of nature type" from 6.4.2.7 shall be removed in accordance to the updated review comment on Alain's proposed changes in 6.5.
All LCSs will now be marked as Approved.

Open issues

  • Annex K (index) is still open. It can be provided after the WG balloting process.
  • Style issues have to be clarified. However, format changes can be done after the WG balloting process.
  • Originals of the figures should be available. They must be converted either to vector output or a TIFF version.
Project planning - WG ballot
The WG balloting process shall be started at latest on February 12, 2017. The process will be initiated by Ernst via mail to subscribers of the IEEE list server vhdlams@ieeeNOSPAM.org. To participate in the vote, an email request should be send to Ernst Christen. Afterwards participants will receive an email on the voting procedure and how to access the documents. The WG ballot will end on March 12, 2017.

The Draft 1076.1-201x LRM version D1.0 for WG review is also available in a Member-only area as well as the LCSs for the language revision in another Member-only area and the Machine-Readable Files for 1076.1-201x.

Next meeting

Wednesday - March 15, 2017 - 8 am PDT

AOB

There was no AOB.

Adjourn

The meeting ended at 9:15 am PST.

-- Joachim Haase - 2017-02-09

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides170208.pdf manage 68.4 K 2017-02-14 - 10:20 JoachimHaase 2017-02-08 Meeting slides
Topic revision: r8 - 2017-03-16 - 11:15:18 - JoachimHaase
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback