IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - February 8, 2012 8am PST (17:00 CET)

Status: approved.

Attendees

  • Ernst Christen (chair, meeting convener)
  • Joachim Haase
  • David Smith
  • Alain Vachoux (note taker)

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
  • Project overview and status
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst opened the meeting and welcomed the attendees at 8:03am PST. He then started presenting the meeting slides.

Approval of the agenda

No objections to agenda, agenda approved.

Administrative issues

Minutes of December 14, 2011 working group meeting
David moved to approve, Joachim seconded. No objections and abstentions. Minutes approved.

Fundraising
Funding request has been splitted in two parts: a first smaller part for 2012 and a larger part for 2013 when it is expected to get a completely updated 1076.1 LRM.
Negative answer from SAE. Positive answer from Synopsys.

Officer elections
Ernst thanked Joachim for his efficient work as Returning Officer. He asked Joachim to announce the election results to the working group.
Ernst is looking forward to working with the officers for the next two years.

Project updates

Only Table-Driven Modeling project was discussed as other projects did not have any new activities.
A VHDL-2008 reference implementation of the TDM package is under way. One important issue is to resolve is to decide if it would be useful to allow user-defined subprograms for reading different file formats and, if yes, how to support this in a portable way.

Next steps

Resume project activities.

Next meeting at DATE 2012 on March 13, 11am PDT (18:00 UTC, 19:00 CET). A technical update on project activities will be presented.
Ernst will send 2-3 template slides to project champions. Filled slides will need to be returned to Ernst by March 11.

Next regular working group telco will be on April 11, 2012 at 8am PDT (15:00 UTC, 16:00 CET).

AOB

None.

Adjourn

Ernst adjourned the meeting at 8:30am PST.

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf 120208_mtg_slides.pdf manage 63.2 K 2012-02-08 - 16:43 AlainVachoux Meeting slides of February 8, 2012
Topic revision: r3 - 2016-01-22 - 20:46:32 - ErnstChristen
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback