IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - December 15, 2009 8am PDT (17:00 GMT)

Status: approved by WG on January 12, 2010.

Attendees

  • Ernst Christen (chair, meeting convener) *
  • Joachim Haase
  • John Shields
  • David Smith
  • Thuy Tran
  • Alain Vachoux (note taker)

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of last meeting
    • Revision of IEEE Std 1076.1.1: Status
    • Officer elections: Status
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
    • User feedback
  • IEEE P1735 and its relevance to P1076.1
  • Next meetings
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

1. Call to order on December 15, 2009 at 8:04 PDT

Ernst welcomed the participants and started presenting the meeting slides.

2. Approval of Agenda

Motion from John. John seconded. Agenda unanimously approved.

3. Administrative Issues

Approval of minutes from the October 20 meeting. Ernst asked to correct the meeting times. Motion from Alain. Joachim seconded. Minutes unanimously approved with modifications.

Approval of minutes from the November 17 meeting. Motion from Alain. David seconded. Minutes unanimously approved without modifications.

Ernst reported on the revision of IEEE Std 1076.1.1. He is still waiting for news from Peter Ashenden on LRM editing.

John, as the Returning Officer, reported on the 1076.1 officer elections. The process started the same day. Vote deadline is December 29 to avoid a gap in leadership. No position statements have been required as all candidates are known.

Ernst offered a review of the IEEE patent policy. Participants waived the review.

Ernst reported on the planned user feedback/poll. He proposed to publish it after the Xmas break, probably some time after January 4, 2010. Joachim informed that VDA members will participate.

4. IEEE P1735 and its Relevance to P1076.1

Slides.

John gave a presentation on the work done so far in the P1735 WG. It served as an introduction and a follow-up on related specific efforts in P1076-2008 (VHDL) and P1800(SystemVerilog). P1735 started from work done in the former VSIA consortium. The seed work was a donation from that consortium. P1735 is mainly acting as a clearing house for specific efforts (P1076, P1800). The question is how far P1076.1 is concerned as well.

Summary of the discussion:

[Ernst] Are considered security threats misuses or attacks?
[John] Both matter at the end.
[Ernst] Are you recommending accepting P1735 (e.g. its pragmas) in P1076.1?
[David] Will P1076 adopt P1735 recommendations? If yes, it will be easier to have them also adopted in P1076.1.
[John] There have been actually mostly clarifications from specific efforts (P1076 and P1800) to P1735. Examples: how to protect parts of a P1076 record or a P1800 class? how avoiding the PLI breaking protections on objects?
[David] Issues must come from domain/language experts and submitted to P1735.
[Ernst] Does P1735 have a wiki page?
[John] Yes, on P1735. Access to private areas can be granted by expressing interest to WG officers.

...Here I (Alain) missed some apparently important discussion due to bad phone line...

[Ernst] Very insightful presentation. We will make use of it for the next revision of IEEE Std. 1076.1.

5. AOB

Alain mentioned that a new project page has been added to the web site. The main page is public and it includes links to private pages that should be managed by the group members in charge of the projects. The P1076.1.1-2010 Revision page will be later updated with links to the projects considered for the revision.

6. Next Meetings

The next meetings will be telcos on January 12, 2010 at 8am PST and February 9, 2010 at 8am PST. Details will follow.

7. Adjourn

Ernst adjourned the meeting at 09:15 PST.

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf 091215_mtg_slides.pdf manage 218.1 K 2009-12-17 - 16:07 AlainVachoux Meeting slides of December 15, 2009
Topic revision: r8 - 2016-01-24 - 00:09:06 - ErnstChristen
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback