IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - August 13, 2014, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: approved by WG on October 8, 2014


Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Enrique Reyes-Archunda (webex only)
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer IIS/EAS (note taker)

This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of June 11, 2014 meeting
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
  • Project discussion
    • LRM plan and coordination
    • TDM update
    • Vector/marix update
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:05 am PDT.

Approval of agenda

No changes. Alain moves, Joachim seconds.

Administrative issues

Approval of June 11, 2014 minutes
The June 11, 2014 minutes were approved without changes, with a motion by Joachim seconded by Alain.

Patent policy
Presentation was skipped.

Project discussion

LRM plan and coordination
Ernst sent some questions to Jim Lewis concerning the P1076 plans for LRM editing and coordination. He did not yet get an answer. Based on the VHDL 2008 document of Jim Lewis, Alain continued to prepare the P1076.1 baseline document for the standard revision. Alain uses structured Framemaker for the editing process. He presented information on conditional text and condition tags that are used. He mentioned some limitations (creation of unintended blank lines in PDF documents, handling of footnotes) using structured Framemaker that will require some fine tuning if the unstructured document will be created. Ernst pointed out that in the 1076-2008 LRM some reorganisation compared to previous versions of the standard was carried out. This circumstance requires for the revision to include the additional parts of the 1076.1-2007 LRM at the right places. The next step should be to complete the baseline document with existing text at proper places. Ernst will give some examples what does this means.

TDM update
TDM activities were restarted on August 6, 2014. Ernst presented how to use protected types to provide encapsulation of data and methods for table-driven modeling. This would give implementors more flexibility to create optimized implementions for TDM support. The use model requires the declaration of data as shared variables and their initialization in a process. Alain agreed that this is a good approach for the tool preparation process with a lot of advantages compared to the traditional approach. Work will be continued in the TDM subcommittee. Ernst will provide an example that demonstates the approach.

Vector/matrix update
There were some comments on the the vector/matrix package proposal concerning among others better alignment with VHDL (e.g. order of indices) and algorithmic issues. David Bishop created a plan to address the comments.

Next step
Information on next steps can be found in the meeting slides. The LCSs for the language revision are available in the Member-only area.

Next meeting

Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 8:00am PDT (15:00 UTC)

AOB

No other business.

Adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at 9:20 am PDT.

-- JoachimHaase - 2014-08-13

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides140813.pdf manage 122.4 K 2014-08-13 - 17:06 JoachimHaase Meeting slides 2014-08-13
Topic revision: r6 - 2016-01-22 - 21:20:09 - ErnstChristen
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback