P1076 May 10, 2012 Meeting Minutes

Attendees:

Agenda:

  • Approve April 5 Meeting Minutes. Motion: Peter 2nd: Jerry
  • Approve April 19 Meeting Minutes. Motion: 2nd: deferred approval to next meeting
  • Call for proposals for new items
  • Call for volunteers to work on proposals
  • Looking for team leader for ISAC
  • Review updated proposals
  • Review requirements lists from VHDL-200X/Accellera effort
    • Assign owners to raw items and work toward proposals
  • Review items in the collected requirements list
  • Review ISAC issues and Bugzilla

1076.1: How make a type opaque (defined by vendor) to users for table driven modeling

  • Users need to be able support reading non-standardized file formats and get them into the model
  • Concerned about use model of protected types.
  • Has separate table building and table accessing
  • Table is static need to initialize it at elaboration time.
  • Tables are potentially huge - 1000 - 10,000 of entries.
  • Peter Flake suggested DPI and using C types
  • From reflector suggested:
    • Protected Types,
    • Incomplete Type refined in package body,
    • Types defined by adjunct package

Protected Types

  • Extend with generics - one use model is supporting above
  • Facilitates: scoreboard and memory implementation
  • Subsumes constructors

1076/1076.1 Matrix Math Package

  • Uses 2 dimensional arrays
  • Hence slicing must be done by separate procedures
  • Concerns over array of array
  • Column Major vs Row Major
  • Need to schedule formal review of package and get matrix math people to attend

1076.1 Timeline

  • Funding - ??? 20% - funding required for LRM writing.
  • Par Valid until 2015
  • IEEE Fund raising rules require one to make an application, get a sponsor, and they help with fund raising. Funds go through IEEE-SA and they distribute the funds.

Action Items:

  • Need champion for reviewing and documenting implementation trade-offs of the Matrix Math Package
  • Jim offered to help 1076.1 group with protected type implementation of table driven modeling

Next Meeting Date (proposed):

Thursday May 24, 8 am Pacific

Thursday June 14, 8 am Pacific

Topic revision: r4 - 2020-02-17 - 15:34:24 - JimLewis
 
Copyright © 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback