IEEE P1076.1 Working Group Telco Meeting Minutes - May 11, 2016, 8am PDT (15:00 UTC)

Status: approved by WG on June 8, 2016


Attendees

  • Ernst Christen, Mentor Graphics (WG chair, note taker)
  • Alain Vachoux, EPFL (LRM editor)
  • Joachim Haase, Fraunhofer (note taker)

This was a web meeting. The main discussion topics of the meeting are covered by the meeting slides. The minutes complement the meeting slides.

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of agenda
  • Administrative issues
    • Minutes of March 9, 2016 and April 13, 2016 meetings
    • Review of IEEE patent policy
    • eda.org end of life
  • Project discussion
    • Discussion of VHPI support
    • Review of LCSs: 201x-11, 201x-14, 201x-15, 201x-17, 201x-18
    • LRM status
  • Next meeting
  • AOB
  • Adjourn

Call to order

Ernst started the meeting at 8:05 am PDT.

Agenda

Agenda was accepted without modifications.

Administrative issues

  • The minutes of the March 9, 2016 meeting were approved after corretion of a typo with a motion of Alain, seconded by Joachim. The minutes of the April 13, 2016 meeting were also approved. Alain moved.
  • Review of IEEE patent policy was skipped because all participants are regular attendees.
  • eda.org is no longer available. Hints to create site independent Twiki pages are available on the WorkingGroupDocuments site.
  • The email archive for the IEEE listserver has now been established. Email archives are

Project discussion

VHPI
Details on topics of the discussion are summarized in the meeting slides. Attendees aggreed to the first option "Do not extend VHPI to include VHDL-AMS". Ernst will communicate the status to the Working Group.

LCSs
The port clauses section was updated in LCS 201x-11. LCS 201x-11 was approved. The new version will be uploaded. Discussion on LCS 201x-14 and LCS 201x-15 was finished. LCS 201x-14 and LCS 201x-15 were approved. Respond to comments concerning LCS 201x-17 will be carried out. Afterwards, LCS 201x-17 can be approved. LCS 201x-18 was submitted and is ready for revision.

LRM status
For more information have a look at the meeting slides.

Next steps

Ernst pointed out the next steps for the technical work (resolution on VHPI issue, mandatory changes completion, new functionality projects) and administrative issues (handling of copyrighted material).

Next meetings

The next meetings will be held on June 8, 2016 and July 6, 2016.

AOB

There was no any other business.

Adjourn

The meeting ended at 9:08 am PDT.

-- Joachim Haase - 2016-06-08

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf mtg_slides160511.pdf manage 155.2 K 2016-06-08 - 09:32 JoachimHaase Meeting slides 2016-11-05

This topic: P10761 > WGMmMay1116
Topic revision: r2 - 2016-06-09 - 07:48:52 - JoachimHaase
 
Copyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback