P1076 November 7, 2013 Meeting Minutes

Attendees:

Agenda:

Action Item Review

  • Done: Cliff: ISAC IR 2054 & 2063
  • ?Cliff/Ryan? Proposal for ordered port and parameter lists (like generics).
    • Reported: Using values from previous values is bad. Driving values go up and effective values go down.
    • Using types derived from previous names ok. Cliff concerned about subprogram lists.
  • Done: Cliff Bugzilla 295 - Allow configurations for entities not in the same library
  • Done: Jim: Bugzilla 294 - Added ISAC table to collected requirements list.
  • Peter: Bugzilla 293 - Issue with path_name and instance_name wrt VHDL-2008 generate labels
    • Peter wants to say that these are optional and not necessary.
    • Cliff thinks John Ries agrees.
  • Done: Jim: Bugzilla 291 - Arrays of protected types.
  • Done: Jim: 290 - Allow method parameters to be an access type. Initial proposal at Allow Method Parameters that are Access Types
  • Cliff & Daniel: 289 - Context declaration requirements are not uniform
  • Daniel: 288 - bit string literals not correctly defined
    • Current write-up in email. Need put it into proposal form.
  • Cliff: 287 - process(all) non-parameter signal read error should be er...
    • Issues related with reading a global signal
    • Could be done via static analysis - but trade off of compile time.
    • Could be done at run time - but trade off run time

Review Bugzilla Issues

  • 286 - incrmental binding example is illegal - AI Daniel
  • 285 - textio write[line,boolean...] is not backward compatible across language versions - AI Jim to do initial
    • Older implementation produces TRUE. Newer implementation produces true.
    • What happens with vendor consistency.
    • Could make it uppercase?
    • Could make it match the case of the declaration.
    • What is the path to consistency across tools?
  • 284 - Sizing rules for fixed point reciprocal are wrong - Need proposal from David Bishop
  • 283 - ?/= function in float_generic_pkg can give wrong answer - AI Peter
    • Should ?/= return an 'X' if there is an 'X' or 'U' in one of the arguments.
  • 282 - Inconsistent case sensitivity of packages - AI Jim
    • Language beutification
  • 281 - Discrepancies between float_generic_pkg.vhdl and float_generic_pkg-body.vhdl - AI Jim
    • Resolve per bugzilla

Review and Approve Meeting Minutes:

  • Motion: Peter 2nd:Cliff

Next Meeting: Thursday November 14, 2013, 8 am Pacific

Previous Meeting: Oct 24, 2013

Topic revision: r6 - 2020-02-17 - 15:36:13 - JimLewis
 
Copyright © 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback