IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of July 25, 2011

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting


  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence DR
    • Jarek Kaczynski, Aldec DR
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys DR
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx DR
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys DRA
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys DRA
    • John Shields, Mentor DR

  • Not Attending
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys DRA
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence DRA
    • David Pena, Cadence
    • Joe Daniels, IEEE Standards Association
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Gary Delp, Accellera/Silver Loon Systems
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence DRA
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys


  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 07/11/2011
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Work Plan
  12. Other Business
  13. Adjourn



We have 4/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Jarek, seconded by Dave G. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Ray moved and Dave G seconded the approval of the July 11, 2011 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Dave G asked for translation of the DASC reported activity into date requirements for P1735 members.

Liaison Reports

Steven reported that DASC has directed us to approve new P&P documents based on the new AudCom templates. The working group reviewed the draft edits, and Steve will e-mail the draft and request an e-mail approval.

John reported that P1076 has approved new P&Ps and has published a straw-man list of requirements that includes support for P1735 recommendations.


License Management

Key Management

John moved that the proposed Key Management text be accepted as a recommendation, Jarek seconded. The vote will be conducted via e-mail to close before the next meeting.

Rights Management

John gave an overview of his Common Rights Control Block e-mail and asked that each DR provide feedback on the concepts and priorities as they perceive them.

Work Plan

Task Requirements/White Paper Writer-ready Specification
Use Model 02-Jul-2008 ???
Trust Model ??? ???
Interoperability 24-Aug-2009 26-Jan-2010
License Management 19-Apr-2011 ???
Visibility Management 23-Jul-2010 ???
Key Management 18-Oct-2010 ???
Rights Control Structures 27-Jun-2011 ???
Common Rights 23-Jul-2011 ???

John stated his intent to ask for formal approval of our self-assessment request as of September 1, 2011. Steven will forward the assessment request document to Dave G for revision to the level necessary to satisfy Synopsys.

Other Business

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for August 8, 2011 at 15:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 07/25/2011
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Common Rights and Visibility
  13. Work Plan
  14. Other Business
  15. Adjourn


Motion by Dave G, second by John. Approved by acclamation at 16:25UTC


These minutes are unapproved.

-- StevenDovich - 2011-07-25

Topic revision: r3 - 2011-08-08 - 15:07:24 - StevenDovich
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback