IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of November 15, 2010

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • Jerek Kaczynski, Aldec
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Joe Daniels, IEEE Standards Association
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • John Shields, Mentor
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys

  • Not Attending
    • Albert Chiang, Synopsys
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Gary Delp, Accellera/Silver Loon Systems
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 11/01/2010
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Inter-operability Issues
  8. License Management
  9. Key Management
  10. Rights Management
  11. Work Plan
  12. Other Business
  13. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 5/6 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Dave G, seconded by John. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

John moved and Dave G seconded the approval of the November 1, 2010 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

John reported that P1076 is in the study group phase, and will be soon preparing a PAR.

Joe Daniels reported on pending action at the IEEE SA Board of Governors to consider "unaffiliated experts" attendance rules limiting to 3 meetings per year. We expect to know more in mid-January.

Inter-operability

Steven reported on testcases he plans to add to the inter-operability pages on TWiki.

The group discussed the status of the recommendations, the final P1735 document content, and support in industry for use of the described technology.

License Management

Key Management

Rights Management

Parminder reviewed the P1735ControlBlock description he posted last week. Steven asked about the binding of rights to Control Blocks, and noted that hierarchy of control blocks wasn't supported. Jerry asked about the control_digest structure and how that is interpreted. John said he was treating that as a conceptual placeholder rather than a detailed proposal on control_digest.

The working group plans to discuss the implications of the control block model at the next meeting.

Work Plan

Other Business

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for November 29, 2010 at 16:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 11/15/2010
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability Issues
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Rights Management
  12. Work Plan
  13. Other Business
  14. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by Dave G, second by John. Approved by acclamation at 16:29UTC

Approval

These minutes were approved at the November 29, 2010 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 2010-11-29

Topic revision: r4 - 2011-01-10 - 16:55:48 - StevenDovich
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback