IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of September 21, 2009

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Live-Meeting

Participants

  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • John Shields, Mentor
    • Ray Martin, Xilinx
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Bin Dai, Xilinx
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys

  • Not Attending
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Premduth Vidyanandan, Xilinx
    • Karlton Lau, Xilinx
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys
    • Gary Delp, LSI

Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 8/24/2009
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability testing
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Other Business
  12. Adjourn

Minutes

Attendance/Quorum

We have 4/5 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Dave G, seconded by John. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

John moved and Dave G seconded the approval of the August 24, 2009 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items.

Liaison Reports

P1800 has complete recirculation and will likely be reviewed at NESCOM.

Inter-operability Testing

John and Steven reviewed their updates to the Recommendations concerning Inter-operability support. John suggested that Steve's last message to the reflector on the version keyword should be added in some form to clarify intent.

%ACTION{ closed="2010-02-08" closer="Main.StevenDovich" created="2009-09-21" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" state="closed" uid="000004" who="Main.StevenDovich" }% Add rationale text for version keyword from the reflector archive %ENDACTION% John moved adoption of the inter-operability recommendations, Dave G seconded. Motion is approved.

License Management

Key Management

Dave G updated the Security Threat issues to include key weakness concerns. Bin Dai provided a reference to recommendations from NIST covering minimum key lengths necessary for adequate security.

John and Dave G discussed the reality that key strength can be bypassed with weaknesses elsewhere in the cryptosystem. John suggested that recommendations to IP Providers would be appropriate to guide them in performing due diligence on the security of tools they choose to allow access to their IP.

John identified two audiences for recommendations on security risks. The first would be IP providers, and a discussion on the reflector would be helpful in crafting such text. The second audience are the tool providers, who could use some guidance on best practices for building secure applications.

Other Business

%ACTION{ closed="2010-02-08" closer="Main.StevenDovich" created="2009-09-21" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" state="closed" uid="000005" who="Main.StevenDovich" }% Determine how to publish draft recommendations for public consumption %ENDACTION%

Next Meeting

The next P1735 meeting is scheduled for October 5, 2009 at 15:00UTC.

Tentative Agenda

  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 9/21/2009
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. Meeting Schedule
  8. Inter-operability testing
  9. License Management
  10. Key Management
  11. Other Business
  12. Adjourn

Adjournment

Motion by Dave G, second by Michael. Approved by acclamation at 16:03UTC

Approval

These minutes were approved at the October 19, 2009 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 2009-10-19

Topic revision: r4 - 2010-02-08 - 16:03:10 - StevenDovich
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback