IEEE P1735 Working Group Meeting of October 8, 2008

Meeting Info

Conference Bridge and Webex


  • Attending
    • Steven Dovich, Cadence
    • Nitin Khurana, Cadence
    • Ruchi Tyagi, Cadence
    • Michael Smith, Synopsys
    • William A Hanna, Boeing
    • Dave Graubart, Synopsys
    • Parminder Gill, Synopsys

  • Not Attending
    • Nick Sgoupis, CAST
    • John Shields, Mentor
    • Dave Clemans, Synopsys
    • Meera Srinivasan, Synopsys
    • Syed Huq, Cisco
    • Jim Robinson, Synopsys
    • NSS Subramanian, Cadence
    • David Tran, Synopsys
    • Gary Delp, LSI


  1. Determine Quorum
  2. Patent slides
  3. Approve agenda
  4. Approval of Meeting minutes from 10/1/2008
  5. Action Items Status
  6. Liaison Reports
  7. License Management
  8. Key Management Issues
  9. Other Business
  10. Adjourn



We have 3/4 eligible entities, and have a working quorum.

Patent Policy

The Patent slides were offered for review.

No new claims were disclosed at the call for essential patent claims.

Agenda Approval

Motion by Michael, seconded by Dave G. Motion is approved.

Previous Minutes

Dave G. moved and Michael seconded the approval of the October 1, 2008 minutes. The motion was approved.

Action Item Review

Steven reviewed the open action items. Michael has closed several items relating to license management. Nitin has closed the investigation into open-source implementations of certificate management APIs. Steven has a draft version of the workplan in Microsoft Project and plans to review that with Bill before the next meeting.

Liaison Reports

No reports.

License Management

Michael reviewed the Secure Dynamic Library Call approach to addressing license management. Dave G explored several concerns and the group discussed how Michael's proposal would address those concerns.

%ACTION{ closed="2008-10-14" closer="" created="2008-10-08" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" notify="" state="closed" uid="000047" who="Main.DaveGraubart" }% Update the License Management page with additional issues for consideration

Key Management Issues

Nitin reviewed the available support in OpenSSL for the defined certificate key signature algorithms. %ACTION{ closed="2008-11-10" closer="" created="2008-10-08" creator="Main.StevenDovich" due="" notify="Main.StevenDovich" state="closed" uid="000048" who="Main.NitinKhurana" }% Update the Key Management page with reference links for the various Certificate standards we reference there.

Other Business


Motion by Dave G, second by Bill. Approved by acclamation at 1:00 pm CDT


These minutes were approved at the October 22, 2008 meeting.

-- StevenDovich - 22 Oct 2008

Topic revision: r6 - 2008-11-10 - 11:12:00 - NitinKhurana
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback