Meeting 72 Minutes

Teleconference, Monday, April 23, 2012, 1600 UTC; 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time

A quorum of 6 out of 6 voting members present. 5 non-voting members were also present.
Attendance and voter status indicated on the
on-line roster .

Attendees

  • Voting members
    • Brett Lammers
    • Andrew Piziali
    • Yaron Kashai
    • Matan Vax
    • Darren Galpin
    • Joe Hupcey

  • Non-voting members
    • Iraklis Diamantidis
    • Mike Bartley
    • Kishore Karnane
    • Hannes Froehlich
    • Amy Witherow

1. Call to order meeting 72 on April 23rd at 9:05m PST (1605 UTC)

2. Approval of Oct 10th meeting 71 minutes

  • Solicit motion to approve the meeting 71 minutes
  • Mike B. motions to approve meeting 71 minutes
  • Yaron K. seconded
  • Meeting 71 Minutes approved

3. Status update

  • April 23 Status
    • There is an issue submitted on the currently submittted draft. The key word "consume" is usedin the key word table but not defined elswhere in the spec
      • This key word does have functionality with regards to events
      • Darren: Needs to go into next version. Darren will reply to Mantis issue
    • Structured Debug Messages and Reflection Enhancements have not yet been added to Mantis.
      • Matan will add
    • Other enhancements
      • Joe: Should we add something around UVMe?
        • Matan: There are some new things here (tesflow phases, UVM scoreboard, Low power)
          • Maybe should not be included in LRM as it is an open source and already part of another spec/methodology (i.e. UVM)
          • Implemented in 100% standard e as a library and no language changes/additions
      • Hannes: Specman RnD working on sets.
        • Darren will work with Hannes to get this into Mantis
      • Matan: A lot of work has been Constraint semantics (order, implications etc). Now there are very clear definitions that could update what is in the LRM
        • Most pproblematic in the past has been order. There has been a lot of work here in Specman including a new solver.
        • Improvements in lists, when subtypes etc
        • Matan to go through LRM and propose changes relative to constraint solving in Mantis issue
      • Matan: There is also generalization of "on <event>". Now it can be used for events outside of the current scope.
        • Matan to create a note in Mantis
    • What is the status of a new LRM version
      • Still waiting for last version to close out
      • Would need to submit request for new version (i.e. new PAR)
      • Then would ask for donations (i.e. Cadence to submit docs on features)
      • When is the right time?
        • Add in the items that came in todays meeting into mantis (mentioned above)
        • Wait for a few more months and see if we want a new version
  • Oct 11 Status
    • Standard has been published..What Next?

      • Darren proposes waiting 6 mo or more to gather feedback on the current version
      • Joe reported that this seems in line with guidance from Stan Krolikoski
      • Andy P. asked if there were enhancement requests etc that have come in since the standard
        • Darren is concerned that he is not connected to updates made by Cadence
          • Matan offered up the following enhancements that have occured
            • Multi-dimensional lists - (actually this was addressed in the latest version as a tool limitation)
            • Reflection API updates - Has been extended in the current Specman version
            • Structured Debug Messages - generalization of the message construct
          • Darren asked if when Matan sees such changes that he could submit them as enhancements requests (Mantis)
      • Andy P. asked what we should do about updates that we voted to leave behind in this latest version.
        • Only temporal coverage was left behind by vote.
          • Does not seem to have customer demand
  • July 11th Status
    • Final draft passed last ballot

      • Last step waiting for IEEE editorial staff comments if any
    • Update to our P&P's (bylaws)

      • Darren made the required updates based on the DASC updates
      • Darren G. proposes a verbal Ballot during the meeting to accept
      • Yaron K. seconded the motion
      • Vote results -
        • Voting members (4 approved, 1 abstained)
          • Brett Lammers -Approved
          • Andrew Piziali - Abstained
          • Darren Galpin - Approved
          • Yaron Kashai - Approved
          • Joe Hupcey - Approved
        • Non-voting members (3 Approved, 1 Abstained)
          • Mike Bartley - Approved
          • Iraklis Diamantidis - Approved
          • Amy Witherow - Abstained
          • Kishore Karnane - Approved
      • New bylaws approved based on 4 out 7 voting members approval

  • Action Items

    • None

  • Editor Slot
    • Apr 23rd Update

      • No Update

    • Oct 11 Update

      • No Update

    • July 11 Update

      • No Update

    • Mar 28 Update

      • No Update

    • Feb 14 Update

      • Amy will make the changes she can and wait for additional input on the issues that needed additioanl feedback.

      • New version will include "internal review" change bars

      • Amy and Darren will exchange the spreadsheet to track the issues and respond correctly to the SA website

    • Dec 13 Update

      • Would like to talk with Darren

        • about how to backup final FrameMaker files

        • who should Amy work with to provide source files to IEEE

    • Sept 13 Update

      • Will create new draft for ratification

      • Proposal to create a version for WG balloting that contains change bars.

      • Draft for SA balloting will not contain change bars.

4. Other business

  • Any other business?
  • Mail a message to ieee1647@edaNOSPAM.org (the general email reflector) if you were not recorded in these minutes

5. Call for essential patents

  • The IEEE-SA updated the patent policy effective April 2008

  • The details are available in updated slide set at http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-slideset.pdf. (See "Patent related" from the IEEE 1647 home page, "Slides About IEEE Patent Policy").

  • If you believe that any patent claims are essential patent claims, please inform the working group. Review the posted slides for more information.

6. Next meeting

  • Sept 10th at 9 am PST ( 1600 UTC )

7. Adjourn

  • Mike B??. motioned

  • Andy P. seconded

  • Motion approved

  • Meeting adjourned at 9:31 PDT (16:31 UTC)

-- BrettLammers - 2012-04-23

Topic revision: r4 - 2012-04-25 - 14:01:33 - BrettLammers
 
Copyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback