P1076 November 8, 2012 Meeting Minutes

Attendees:

Agenda:

Attributes of Packages and Subprograms

  • Do not account for instances of packages and subprograms
  • Cliff to write it up on the proposals page

Signatures for Formal Generic Subprograms

  • Currently when two subprograms have the same name, you can use positional mapping, but the named mapping is confusing
  • Cliff to write it up on the proposals page

ISAC Issues Review

  • Ryan and Cliff to review list and classify items as done or todo/enhancement requests

Interface Proposal

  • Brent posted new stuff.
  • Peter to comment on syntax.

DPI Proposal

  • Peter trying to collaborate with Accellera SCE-MI (emulator interface)

Extensions to Integers and Float, Natural Vector

  • Need types for arbitrary width integers and float

Math Extensions

  • David Bishop working on extended math packages ...
  • Ryan has internal packages that might be interesting - cannot release source, but would not be hard to write a specification for what a package needs.

Copyrights on Packages

  • Last summer Jim (VASG Chair), Stan (DASC Chair) and some others met with IEEE staff
  • The IEEE staff in the meeting recommended to their management that we make the packages freely distributable. Have not heard back from IEEE staff at this point yet.
  • Individual companies have requested and gained access to packages for distribution with their tools.

Action Items:

  • Jim: Start page of action items
  • Ryan: review interface proposal,
  • Cliff: Enhancements proposals above

Review and Approve Meeting Minutes:

  • Motion: Ryan 2nd: Jerry

Next Meeting Date (proposed):

Thursday November 29, 8 am Pacific

Topic revision: r3 - 2020-02-17 - 15:36:12 - JimLewis
 
Copyright © 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback